BATTLE OF THE THRASH METAL BANDS (ROUND OF 32 VOTING THREAD)

Slayer never wrote a song to beat the last four songs of Bonded By Blood. Necrophiliac and Postmortem come close though. Exodus is definitely more aggressive too at their best, though Slayer has speed and a kind of dispassionate hate that admittedly works in a different way.

Not in this life. Too much fanboyism is bad for your health, man.

Reactions: CiG
slayer are a top 5 metal band for me in their prime and i’d probably take the likes of ‘deliver us to evil’ and ‘piranha’ over a large portion of their prime material, including every song on the debut. exodus don’t remotely compare overall though.

Yeah that's a bit of a crazy assertion. Off of Show No Mercy alone I'd say songs like Evil has no Boundaries, Black Magic, Die by the Sword & Fight Til Death all easily trump the final four songs from Bonded By Blood in terms of aggression & fury.

Those are all great Slayer songs, but they don't touch peak Exodus. Die by the Sword and Piranha are pretty damn similar in terms of their main riff and tempo and can be easily compared, and therefore it is easy to hear that the latter is far more vicious (and better-arranged) than the former (though I'll admit that Slayer's came first).

Reactions: jimmy101
Metallica
Flotsam & Jetsam
Kreator
Nuclear Assault
Exodus
Voivod
Megadeth
Hexenhaus
Toxik
Watchtower
Slayer
Coroner
Testament
Sepultura

In the case of Voivod vs Anacrusis and Hexenhaus vs Mekong Delta, I might as well have thrown the dice.

Will tally the results for this round sometime over the next couple of days. So if anyone needs to edit their choices be sure to do it when you next get the chance.

Metallica
Morbid Saint
Sodom
Dark Angel
Rigor Mortis
Heathen
Exodus
Anacrusis
Megadeth
Mekong Delta
Overkill
Watchtower