Been to every single PPUSA?

I've missed two. I didn't go to V because I spent two weeks of vacation on my honeymoon and was feeling very poor. I passed on VIII because there wasn't enough to draw me. (Then regreted it when After Forever scheduled their local concert when I was going to be out of town. Then they proceeded to break up.)

As for where I heard from the festival, it was the TEoF list. My main motivation was to see Symphony X, and that looked like the only opportunity for a while. Course, then the infamous NJ gig happened before that show. No regrets in going, tho.

Sadly, the number of folks who've attended every single PPUSA are dwindling every year..so how many of us are there left now?

Bonus question: How did you hear about PPUSA? Anyone can answer this one. :)

My streak was broken with ProgPower VIII....my brother just *had* to choose *THAT* weekend to get married. Other than VIII, I've been to them all.

And I think I heard about the first one via the Perpetual Motion board, IIRC....one major leap of faith in some guy named "Harvestor," and here I am. Still. :)

Craig

Sadly, the number of folks who've attended every single PPUSA are dwindling every year..so how many of us are there left now? Bonus question: How did you hear about PPUSA? Anyone can answer this one. :)

I have attended every ProgPower and will be attending PP X. :headbang: I first heard about it on the old PM board, and then emailed Glenn H. about the festival. The first was amazing, even thought the venue was dinky and funky.

My favorite ProgPower was number 4. :kickass:

I've been to all of them, this year is the toughest for me so far. I'm going to the fest with -$, everything will be on credit cards which is something I'm very against. Having a roof put on the house this week is really draining the funds.

Found out about PP II through some music site I used to check

When they listed Ark, Superior, Symphony X and Kamelot playing, I looked up this 'mystery' festival after I picked myself up off the floor

(never thought I would ever get a chance to see bands like that in the U.S.)

So II was my first.... missed three...... and been coming regualrly since IV

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Yup, 6'2" here ;)

Is that all? I'm a respectable 5'8" and both you and Tom give me a crick in the neck looking up. (I tried to help hold his drunk ass up at BWBK a few years ago. That was a mistake... he goes over like a tree!)

I'm gonna have to bring heels to PPE just so I can see over all of you freaking huge Dutch people, to quote Bear. *g*

Seriously? I'm 5'8" and I distinctly remember you being taller than me. Maybe you wear giant heels 100% of the time. :)

I might be 5'8.5", but no more than that. I usually wear my Docs to PP, which wouldn't put me any higher than 5'9". I checked a reference photo and we appear to be about the same height, but I think I act like I'm a lot taller than I really am. ;) I did wear heels to PP once, but a) oh god my feet hurt and b) American men are not much taller than me on average (and I've learned to stay well to the right or left of SwordLord :lol: ), and I can see just fine without additional height.

I know Jim (locust - something or other) has been to every one, and I think Paul Cashman has as well.

Yep, I have. I helped Glenn in securing the venue here in Atlanta, and the rest is history. I've been sponsoring bands since PPUSA III -- I'm now the longest continuously running non-corporate sponsor. :kickass:

I also attended ProgPower Europe the first year it ran (it was before PPUSA 1.0), but not since it moved to Baarlo.

I don't exactly remember how I heard about PPUSA...probably via the YtseJam, or maybe the PM Board back when I was still on it.

I've been to all of em. The first one was an adventure to get to since I had finished school but didn't have a job yet. Big props to Paul Cashman for helping me hide some of the expenses from my parents until after the show ;).

Umm, how the heck did I do THAT? /me forgets.....

Umm, how the heck did I do THAT? /me forgets.....

You paid for my plane ticket and then I paid you, which was easier to explain away than "What's this $200 charge on Delta???" :saint: I don't remember how we split up the hotel room at the time though, though I'm sure you were the one who booked it.

I've been to all but the first one. So I've been to all the Atlanta ones. I might not make the one this weekend though.

I don't remember how I heard of it, but I do remember the Powermad festival, and I'd been going to the Milwaukee and NJ festivals regularly by that point, so hearing about another festival wasn't a big stretch.

Nick and I have come every year since ProgPower V (Savatage/Weapons of Mass Destruction, Edguy, Kamelot, Brainstorm, Tad Marose, Wuthering Heights, Pain of Salvation, Dreamscape, Adagio, Into Eternity, Hurricane Ivan).

Nick and a friend he worked with heard about ProgPower because of the Savatage reunion show and Brainstorm. By the end of that weekend, he and I made the vow that we would never miss a future ProgPower as long as we lived. :headbang:

Bonus question: How did you hear about PPUSA? Anyone can answer this one. :)

This was my fourth year attending. Early in 2006, I bought a CD by some band I’d never heard of (Circus Maximus), who was getting some buzz on a couple of the Yahoo! groups that I participate in. Turned out that their only U.S. date that year was the Showcase for PP VII.

After listening to “Sin”, “The Prophecy”, and “Imperial Destruction” about 100 times each in the first two weeks, I decided that there was no way I was going to miss that date! *Then* I figured that as long as I was paying for a plane ticket, I might as well stick around for the main festival.

The rest is history...although I have seriously kicked my own ass for not finding out about the festival sooner!!