Beer, Slayer & Bus -- The August Adventure Thread

Reign in Acai said:
Hey Doom, you'll have your AATG shirt in your hands by eom I swear. I had a little debacle at the post office. :erk:

No worries, I'll let you know when it comes!

Conspicuously Absent said:
Camping at a river nearby that nobody goes to. Then snorkling (with wetsuits) around the river, it's about 20 feet deep in this large pool and its full of fish and you can watch them swim around. Should be fun!
Getting into the wet suits took forever (I got a new nickname: rubber ducky) and breathing through a snorkel caused me some difficulties, but it was worth it. A school of trout followed us around the lake. :)

The mosquitos gave me a warm welcome the following morning. :Smug:

Some scenery shots:

IMG_4177_400x600.jpg

IMG_4213_400x600.jpg

IMG_4210_400x600.jpg

IMG_4178_400x600.jpg

MFJ said:
andrew, your dad looks like william shatner
He felt a little offended by that comparison. :p

bee-yooo-ti---fuulll!!!!

I shall move to Canada one day...I shall. I was watching some Animal Planet special the other day on Canada and was floored.

Next time I go to Acadia National Park in Maine, Im gonna take the ferry to Nova Scotia.

dorian gray said:
Wow, those shots are awesome

ok, I love you all and some of you are going to take this the wrong way ... :loco: ... but all those gazillion shots of nature posted on this forum ...

its trees and water people ... trees and water

:loco:

lurch70 said:
ok, I love you all and some of you are going to take this the wrong way ... :loco: ... but all those gazillion shots of nature posted on this forum ...

hahaha, that's literally the first time I've EVER paid attention to them, so I thought I'd say something nice. :cry:

lurch70 said:

whats wrong with that cityboy!?!?! :heh:

Better than bricks and pavement! ;)

hahaha ... i am not saying bricks are better ... shit, I like a twig as much as the rest of you. :loco:

it's just the reaction to these pics that kill me ... it's always someone from a place where if they take a 20 minute drive can experience the same creek and tree in a tranquil location ... but noooooo ... "ooooo, someday i must go to Canada to witness THAT tree and creek" :loco:

meh, cityfolks just don't quite get it :p

you see "generic trees and water and rocks"

we see the differences and that every view is different and special to those who truly enjoy nature.

*shrug*

it's all good

lurch70 said:
hahaha ... i am not saying bricks are better ... shit, I like a twig as much as the rest of you. :loco:

it's just the reaction to these pics that kill me ... it's always someone from a place where if they take a 20 minute drive can experience the same creek and tree in a tranquil location ... but noooooo ... "ooooo, someday i must go to Canada to witness THAT tree and creek" :loco:

:lol: ...but but but you're wrong!!! I dont know where you can go, but I cant experience those kind of mountains and wilderness from a mere 20 minute drive. Canada is HUGE and probably the most preserved nation in the world. It's absolutely magnificent.