Beer, Slayer & Bus -- The August Adventure Thread

newfoundland.jpg

unhinged said:
whats a newfie?

In Canada we make fun of the people who live in Newfoundland because they behave and talk differently from the rest of us, this is probably because they were still a British colony until 1949 when they finally decided to join our little kanadian konfederation kult, but yeah, jokes are funnier when they're explained.

Sort of how the Russians make fun of the Ukrainians.

lurch70 said:
yes, its definetelly a change for the better over the negative shit being spewed all over the forum lately ... bah.

Who started the anti-valentine's day thread again? :)

Looks like we've got a Negative Nellie in Sector 2!

Seriously, the Simpsons apply UNIVERSALLY. It's scary. And by scary I mean awesome.

my band will be touring in august. possibly we'll be up that way. dunno yet.

NADatar said:
dorian is the hot one.
hahaha just out of curiosity, whyd you find a french version?

edit: lol @ lurch :) selleck is the fuckin man "hiiigggiiinns!"

unhinged said:
whats a newfie?

A newfie is to canada, as black people are to america.

Poor, dumb, funny talking, funny acting and generally outcast feeling. But replace gangsters and rappers with fishermen and crab fishermen

haha I won't actually come around after all. I don't want to "accidentally" get "castrated" or have any other such "accidents".

Although if I'm at the place at the time, NAD and Lurch are welcome to visit me at Casa Mattei.

lurch70 said:
well things are somewhat progressing ... I think we have somewhat realistic numbers for financing ... we are looking at some venues at this point. if all falls into place ... and we can score the dough ... we go ahead.

probably an October affair.

no offense, but never happen, not this October - NYC area ain't Minneapolis

you said yourself Warsaw was "booked solid" every weekend through October, and that was back in December

Demilich said:
Should hold off RC fest til next summer when it'll be more likely us school-going types to come.

it'll also almost *never* be a summer festival b/c a) too expensive to fly and more importantly, b) too many bands are tied up with the Euro summer festival circuit