Beer

So has anyone had Flying Dog's double IPA? The few beers I've had from there weren't too great but it's rated highly on beer advocate. It's also a massive 11% and like 85 ibu, which intrigues me and kinda scares me.
Double Dog? It's an IIPA. It's fine. I don't really think anything Flying Dog makes is above average. I also find their artwork and juvenile beer names to be unappealing.

^^Same. I've never had anything by Flying Dog that has impressed me or made me want to buy more of their beers. The same goes for Lagunitas, and I know a lot of people love them. They make decent beer, but I've never been compelled to buy their beer more than once (except for maybe Hop Stoopid)

So Double Dog is decent enough. Its no Torpedo but its very citrusy and tastes pretty good. Hides that mammoth 11% very well, I'll give them that. Honestly I will jump on that bandwagon. Through three flying dog beers, two were awful and this was decent. Cant say I'm a huge fan.

having a mini friendsgiving tomorrow. Planning on having the following:

Saison DuPont for beforehand/appetizers
A growler of Beachwood BBQ's GlenLongBeach for dinner
some bourbon barrel monstrosity for afterwards

looking forward to it

They're entirely different beers. 60 Minute is a normal IPA, 90 Minute is an imperial IPA, much more malty and less obviously hoppy.

MTbeWgz.jpg

Just got a new job in the past couple weeks, so I contributed about two-thirds of these for tonight... split 4 ways. Cheers!

IBB is one of my top 5 beers ever probably... BBA one was awesome. Very restrained bourbon profile though. Very nicely sharp, but with a similar profile to regular IBB. A bit less amaretto/almond sweetness than I'm used to from the original. Very drunk right now FWIW... Moved on to a 10 year old NEBCO Three Judges! Intense.

I had the 90 Minute IPA again and I wasn't as impressed by it this time around. It's a good beer, better than the 60 Minute, but I agree with V5 that it's not as hoppy and more malty than I remembered.

I tried Victory's Golden Monkey. That's a goof tripel. Spicy and sweet, with a solid 9.5% ABV. Can't go wrong. Only the second beer by Victory I've tried, the first being the excellent DIPA 'Dirtwolf'.

1:1 coffee:kahlua with a splash of milk and ice cubes. Not quite a white russian but more my style. Buzzed so fast but wide ass awake. Love it. Scotch is king most of the time for sipping, but this is great when in the right mindset for it. Not beer, appropriate thread or no?

I got around tonight. I started with a

Firestone Walker Sucaba, which I thought was far below Parabola. It was too bourbony, lacked the big body needed for how boozy it was. Not something I would work to find on tap again. Then...

Anderson Valley Heelch O'Hops. Nice IIPA, but I have enjoyed other offerings from the brewery more.

Great Divide Peach Gran Cru, which was a super boozy (12%) but smooth Belgian pale. It went down easy. I was going to head home at this point, but I had to take a leak, so I found the nearest bar.

That place was lame, so I found the 2nd nearest bar. They were having an event, so I had a piss and a series of beers.

Evil Twin - Xmas Eve at a NYC Hotel Room. Very rich and flavorful, full-bodied, excellent imperial stout. Go find this one.

Revolution - Gravedigger Billy. Bourbon barrel scotch ale. I perceived this to be smooth, but I was a few beers deep. I enjoyed the flavor profile.

Founders- Kentucky Bourbon Stout. For some reason, the bar made us wait until 8 pm to drink it. KBS is great. Drink some if you have the chance.

Gigantic - Pipeworks. Gin barrel IPA. I love gin barrel pales/pils/IPAs. It pairs with hoppy pales the same way that bourbon barrels work with dark beers.

Off Color - Eille. Silly name. Farmhouse with gin elements. Was good, but my recollection was slipping.

Anderson Valley - The Kimmie, The Yink & The Holy Gose, blood orange version. Probably the single worst beer name ever. It was good, but the saltiness really wore on my palate at this point.

[Change of venue, coffee break.]

Against the Grain - MacFannyBaw. Islay scotch in beer form. This was awesome. Super smoky and salty. Aggressive and delicious.

Dark Horse - One Oatmeal Stout. Palate fatigue setting in. It was an 8% oatmeal stout

[Change of venue.]

Goose Island - Festivity Ale. Christmas elements. I am 10+ beers deep and unable to make a critical assessment.