Beer

Guys I just had this.

aviary-image-1480192651513.jpeg

And I'd been thinking this might have been a tad overrated. But then I smelled it and tasted it.

This sure as fucking fuck might be the best beer I've ever had and fuck anything else.

Yes for the price of this I could buy 5 Orvals and I probably would, but this is still the tastiest fucking piece of treasure ever.

I'm not even humping on the hype train or anything, just.... Fuuuuuuck.

Reactions: -CC-
Westvleteren 12! I had it last summer for the first time. I thought it was great too. I wouldn't say the best beer in the world, but goddamn it's up there.

So I saw the New Belgium + Ben Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough 6-pack at Vons today and picked it up for fun. It's....actually not bad. I don't know how the fuck they melded the flavors so well, but it's pretty damn delicious.

I've had 2 bottles of Westy in my life. One fresh, one a year old. Fresh it was underwhelming, alcohol too prominent. A year old much better, but not even my favorite Belgian beer that I had last year. I keep finding that these beers that are so sought after and hyped due to their scarcity are often very good, but not as world-beating as the hype would have one believe.

I like the smell of Amrucan commie beer in the morning. This bitch arrived fresh so the aroma is still nice. It's very piney, resinous, and bitter, especially for a 4.44ABV beer. It has a very nice color too. What's your opinions on Rogue, guys? One of the few US breweries available here.

IMG_20161210_102322.jpg IMG_20161210_102312.jpg IMG_20161210_102158.jpg

Stepping up in the commie brew game. This one's quite similar but fuller and more satisfying with its 7.77ABV. It's also a little darker in color and the head disappears quicker. It's bitter as fuck. I like them commies up in the US.

IMG_20161210_104610.jpg IMG_20161210_104559.jpg IMG_20161210_104544.jpg

Moved on to BrewDog, a famous EU brewery that is. I'm a big fan, but today the US brews win the game. This is stronger, yes, but it feels kinda bland compared to the US commie brews.

EDIT: I'm still a bigger fan of BrewDog than some Rogue fyi.

IMG_20161210_114329.jpg IMG_20161210_114317.jpg IMG_20161210_114259.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
Yeah they brew some of those in Berlin, definitely the Stone IPA. No way to compare the quality with the US one though. Hopefully they're the same.

I like the smell of Amrucan commie beer in the morning. This bitch arrived fresh so the aroma is still nice. It's very piney, resinous, and bitter, especially for a 4.44ABV beer. It has a very nice color too. What's your opinions on Rogue, guys? One of the few US breweries available here.

I really enjoy their Yellow Snow IPA and the Mocha Porter. Haven't tried the one you've got there.