Beer

Today's beer order making my dick hard. Gonna hip from Slovakia but whatever.

1 Omnipollo Magic 3,5
OMP06 81 Kč 81 Kč
1 Omnipollo Arzachel
OMP01 66 Kč 66 Kč
1 Omnipollo Selassie
OMP08 152 Kč 152 Kč
1 Omnipollo Zodiak
OMP04 74 Kč 74 Kč
1 Omnipollo Onda
OMP10 79 Kč 79 Kč
1 Omnipollo Perikles
OMP12 73 Kč 73 Kč
1 Mikkeller Single Hop IPA Simcoe (Can)
MIK242 100 Kč 100 Kč
1 Mikkeller Single Hop IPA Mosaic (Can)
MIK241 100 Kč 100 Kč
1 Mikkeller Single Hop Citra IPA (Can)
MIK237 100 Kč 100 Kč
1 Mikkeller Single Hop IPA Cascade (Can)
MIK240 100 Kč 100 Kč

Had some Mikkeller cans at home. Mikkeller is not usually available in cans down here so I grabbed the opportunity to order the three single hop IIPAs. They were awesome, fragrant as fuck, and strong too.

The citra won it for me. It had the murkiest color and was the tastiest. At 8.9 ABV you need a lot of taste to overcome booziness and the Citra one succeeded. I was pretty drunk after drinking those in one session.

IMG_20170511_191836.jpg IMG_20170511_192003.jpg IMG_20170511_192055.jpg IMG_20170511_195423.jpg IMG_20170511_195503.jpg IMG_20170511_204534.jpg

For my first time ever, I found a Ballast Point beer whilst visiting my wife's family yesterday, and it was Grapefruit Sculpin. I've been waiting so fucking long to try it and one down this afternoon, its fucking delicious just like I had hoped.

Also picked up a pack of Great Lakes Chillwave DIPA. They live pretty close to the brewery so even shitty convience stores have all the seasonal flavors. Love the brewery. Their Edmund Fitzgerald is easily my favorite porter and their Lake Erie Monster DIPA almost killed me drinking two 4 paks last summer like maybe 4 hours.

IMG_0045.JPG

This is the closest to an Urquell ive ever tasted. Good job!

My new beer order should be in here on Thursday. It's a random mix of stuff I have not had yet.

I made the order pretty much because Sixpoint has never been available in here before and I hope it's fresh.

beer order čvnc 2017.PNG

Reactions: arg
picked up some random euro brews from the market...
iWveKIm.jpg

@Onder are the two Czech beers on the right any good?

I'll share some photos of the beer side of my NYC trip here.

Upon landing I immediately started checking out some classic US ales that are not available in my European slavic squatdom of a city.

Founders All Day, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Sculpin, Dogfish Head 60 min IPA, and Jai Alai should be mentioned. There's probably no use to post pictures of those bottles for you Amrucans but fuck it it's the beer thread. Thoughts? My favorite out of those was the Sculpin and especially the grapefruit version of it. They say humanity can be divided in two groups depending on if they love grapefruit or not, well I do love grapefruit very much, it's my favorite fruit and in this beer it actually tasted real while keeping the hop notes of the standard Scultpin. Amazing beer.

Not gonna go into the elitist debate on how the brewery is no longer small obskvre backyard project as it was bought by some huge company. This beer rules. All in all, it's fucking impossible to buy US IPAs inhere this fresh. The closest was probably Flying Dog but that may or may not be an accident.

IMG_20170809_140304.jpg IMG_20170809_133014.jpg IMG_20170811_062708.jpg

IMG_20170813_113446.jpg

I kinda mapped the local breweries before going there and the closest to our AirBnB was Interboro. Sadly their taproom was closed when we went that way, it's open like THU-SUN or something, I still got to try one of their much hyped Double IPAs, and I loved it, obvs:

IMG_20170812_104347.jpg

Yeah, that's my new Other Half glass that I brought home and will cherish till the Aliens come and take my butt virginity.

Another hyped brewery I tried was Burial Beer. This beer was awesome fresh but maybe a bit too sessionable, sort of summery and bordering on empty.

IMG_20170812_094014.jpg

I'll continue in another thread with Other Half and As Is and stuff, I need to go have a beer now.

We went to some cool bars in Manhattan, first was The Pony Bar, where I had this Hoptimization 2 by a brewery called Equilibrium. Super hyped double IPA. This hazy stuff is what people want these days and I can't blame them. Pony bar was chill and some locals were there also, we went there in the afternoon so we avoided crowds that must go there in the evening.

IMG_20170810_155502.jpg

After our Times Square visit we walked to Hell's Kitchen and came across another beer bar, called As Is. This must have been the coolest beer bar I've seen. Clean, more modern, extremely chill and the selection was amazing. Had some more hazy double IPAs there, Interboro.

IMG_20170812_141737.jpg

More pics of the bar. I can recommend this place to anyone visiting Manhattan willing to spare some dollars for exclusive beers.

as is.JPG

as is interboro.JPG

as is 2.JPG

We visited some local breweries, most notably Other Half. Hyped IPA creators and collaborators with other hyped breweries. We were looking around the neighborhood when we recognized the place by the line of people standing outside the door. The brewery and the taproom were really fucking tiny people could barely fit in there. (Apparently they opened a new taproom like a day after this :/ ). Anyways, stood in the line for a moment and decided to just buy something and go sit elsewhere, somewhere more comfortable. The only beer available at the time we were there was this IPA called "Oh...". So I bought a fourpack and a OH snifter. Then we went to a bar around the corner where they served some Other Half on tap, good move. It was this juicy session IPA called Forever Ever. And yes I could drink that forever.

IMG_20170811_174428.jpg
Here's a rare picture of us together, me my woman and Funerary Doom.

water well.JPG

The actual Other Half Oh... IPA was awesome, I wish I had more.

IMG_20170812_184034.jpg

Some other notable beers from the trip:

IMG_20170813_204443.jpg

IMG_20170809_175648.jpg

IMG_20170813_144927.jpg

IMG_20170813_195454.jpg

IMG_20170813_131447.jpg

My favorite out of those was the Sculpin and especially the grapefruit version of it. They say humanity can be divided in two groups depending on if they love grapefruit or not, well I do love grapefruit very much, it's my favorite fruit and in this beer it actually tasted real while keeping the hop notes of the standard Scultpin. Amazing beer.

Not gonna go into the elitist debate on how the brewery is no longer small obskvre backyard project as it was bought by some huge company. This beer rules. All in all, it's fucking impossible to buy US IPAs inhere this fresh. The closest was probably Flying Dog but that may or may not be an accident.

View attachment 11210

ahhh yeah, been to the brewery down in San Diego, one of the best around. We're pretty spoiled on the west coast with IPAs though