Beer

Love that chocolate stout.

I give Victory Chocolate Cake Stout a strong rec. The balance of tart cherry and sweet chocolate is exquisite.

IMG_4379.jpg
fJNc2m

Reactions: KMADD
I'm normally not a beer drinker, but a friend brought this over the other day and it was amazing. Citrus flavor toned down the IPA flavor I don't normally like. Their grapefruit (even more citrus) and wheats are great too. Went to the brewery a couple months back. Too many people, but was fun.

our-beers-basement.jpg

Reactions: KMADD
I guess I should get some stouts, it's almost december after all. Nice haul Omni btw.

That Stone pilsner is okay. I don't know why it's supposedly part of the Arrogant Bastard line.

Drinking a Christmas gift I bought.... for myself.

Peat madness. Never had Bowmore whiskey but I get it now. This shit is intense.

IMG_20171220_102003.jpg
IMG_20171220_102138.jpg

Reactions: Funerary_Doom
20171226_214915.jpg

My second Surly beer after Furious. This is a legit beer. The usual coffee, chocolate and dark fruit notes that you get with any good RIS. This beer also has a solid hop base that sets it apart from some other American takes on this style, which were still present in the nose and finish of the beer despite a bottling date of 11/17/16. The ABV doesn't seem.to be noted on the bottle, but there wasn't a huge boozy alcohol presence in this beer. I'd love to try more beers from this brewery, but I have lower expectations for newer beers since Todd Haug is no longer the Surly brewmaster.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
their Winter Warmer is one of my favorites. Their Oatmeal Stout and Taddy Porter are both also benchmarks in their respective styles. Unfortunately, British style ales (and British breweries, for that matter) tend to be overlooked by the neckbeard beer crowd
hah out of the blue! Welcome back man! :kickass:

yeah man same here, definitely one of my favorites. That chocolate stout is too sweet for me and i haven't tried the Taddy Porter(i really dig English porters) but i'll definitely keep an eye out for it next time i'm at the market.

Anyone here like Von Trapp beers? They do mostly lagers(actually I think that's all they do) and they do a damn good job. I'm pretty fucking sick of IPA's tbh, I mean do breweries really need 4 different types of IPA's when most of them taste boring as shit.

Anyone here like Von Trapp beers? They do mostly lagers(actually I think that's all they do) and they do a damn good job. I'm pretty fucking sick of IPA's tbh, I mean do breweries really need 4 different types of IPA's when most of them taste boring as shit.

Never heard of them, but I'm all for breweries making lagers great again. Luckily, my favorite breweries here in LA all crank out some pretty solid lagers (and when in doubt, Firestone Walker Pivo Pils is always around)

Never heard of them, but I'm all for breweries making lagers great again. Luckily, my favorite breweries here in LA all crank out some pretty solid lagers (and when in doubt, Firestone Walker Pivo Pils is always around)
The dude who introduced me to them used to live in LA so you might be able to get their beer out there. Drinking their Dunkel right now and it's good. Plus under 9.50 for a six pack! Yeah Pivo is fucking good.