Beer

Metallic officially announce their Enter Night pilsner.
metallica-beer-enter-night-pislner.jpg

i thinks its kind of weird that they chose to name a Pils(one of the lightest styles of beer) Enter Night.

Czech breweries finally getting this new england hype joos thing right. Here's an instagram pour eye candy shot I did with the latest I had.

Now I'm planning on buying a 1 liter stein and filling it with some haze like this.

IMG_20190124_220602_388.jpg

Looks excellent. I've become quite the fan of Brooklyn's East IPA, as it's more readily available here than basically every other American IPA.

Nothing that interesting to post today. Köstritzer's Kellerbier has had my eye for a while, so I tried it the other day. It was good, but probably one of my least favorites out of other brands of Kellerbier.

IMG_20190125_203804.jpg
I remedied this the next night with my favorite from Aktien. Poorer picture quality, better beer quality.

IMG_20190126_201627.jpg

Reactions: Onder
Looks excellent. I've become quite the fan of Brooklyn's East IPA, as it's more readily available here than basically every other American IPA.

Nothing that interesting to post today. Köstritzer's Kellerbier has had my eye for a while, so I tried it the other day. It was good, but probably one of my least favorites out of other brands of Kellerbier.

View attachment 18316
I remedied this the next night with my favorite from Aktien. Poorer picture quality, better beer quality.

View attachment 18317

I had to check but I had the Zwick'l beer two years ago.

I've had some Brooklyn Brewery beers when I was in Brooklyn.

I remember being at some bar with @Funerary_Doom and some friends of her and we played some bar game that I'd never seen before, but fuck I can't even remember. It was wild.

I had to check but I had the Zwick'l beer two years ago.

I've had some Brooklyn Brewery beers when I was in Brooklyn.

I remember being at some bar with @Funerary_Doom and some friends of her and we played some bar game that I'd never seen before, but fuck I can't even remember. It was wild.

Brooklyn Brewery is pretty great. It's nothing crazy, but it is solid beer. I've actually been rather surprised about it's European circulation. I've seen it in France, Belgium, England, the Netherlands, and all across Germany, which is more than the number of states I recall seeing it in in the US when I spent time in Maryland, New York, Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and Iowa.

I'm interested in the bar game. I get a kick out of the German drinking games. The ones of played seem much more centered on getting you fucked up rather than being a game of holding your shit. Flunkyball is the most obvious example.

Brooklyn Brewery is pretty great. It's nothing crazy, but it is solid beer. I've actually been rather surprised about it's European circulation. I've seen it in France, Belgium, England, the Netherlands, and all across Germany, which is more than the number of states I recall seeing it in in the US when I spent time in Maryland, New York, Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and Iowa.

Hmmm, it's not distributed in Czech.

I see a big problem with US beers being here anyway as they're usually old. It doesn't really matter with shit like Founders Breakfast Stout or Evil Twin imperial stouts, but any IPA is pretty oxidized by the time it gets to the customer. It's pretty rare to get anything fresh.

And well, importing any US lagers to Czech doesn't really make sense, they imitate German or Czech lagers anyway.

I'm interested in the bar game. I get a kick out of the German drinking games. The ones of played seem much more centered on getting you fucked up rather than being a game of holding your shit. Flunkyball is the most obvious example.

I wish I could remember. I'll ask my girlfriend if she remembers. You know in Czech or possibly Germany too (?) we have table football in bars often, but this was something completely new to me.

Hmmm, it's not distributed in Czech.

I see a big problem with US beers being here anyway as they're usually old. It doesn't really matter with shit like Founders Breakfast Stout or Evil Twin imperial stouts, but any IPA is pretty oxidized by the time it gets to the customer. It's pretty rare to get anything fresh.

And well, importing any US lagers to Czech doesn't really make sense, they imitate German or Czech lagers anyway.

Yeah, it's a general problem, which is why I was so surprised that Brooklyn, of all breweries, has sizable distribution here. Other than Brooklyn, Flying Dog finds it's way over here.

I wish I could remember. I'll ask my girlfriend if she remembers. You know in Czech or possibly Germany too (?) we have table football in bars often, but this was something completely new to me.

Oh yeah, table football is huge in Germany. They call it Kicker. My tired line when I'm playing it with new Germans is the funny little curiosity, that table football is called "foosball" in the US, which is, of course, the same pronunciation as Fußball, and some Brits call it soccer.

Yeah, it's a general problem, which is why I was so surprised that Brooklyn, of all breweries, has sizable distribution here. Other than Brooklyn, Flying Dog finds it's way over here.

Oh yeah, I liked most of Flying Dog I've had. Last time it was their imperial pumpkin ale and it was very fine!

Haven't seen Rogue in a while but they seemed to get their way to Europe as well.

Oh yeah, table football is huge in Germany. They call it Kicker. My tired line when I'm playing it with new Germans is the funny little curiosity, that table football is called "foosball" in the US, which is, of course, the same pronunciation as Fußball, and some Brits call it soccer.

I have a big issue with table football and that's the fact that once somebody is trained in it they're basically unbeatable. As much as I enjoy playing it against somebody on the same level, playing it against a pro is fucking stupid. Like there's such a huge skill gap it becomes unplayable.

@Black Orifice cheers, this ones for you
IuWZcQn.png

LE CHAIM!

tenor.gif

I have a big issue with table football and that's the fact that once somebody is trained in it they're basically unbeatable. As much as I enjoy playing it against somebody on the same level, playing it against a pro is fucking stupid. Like there's such a huge skill gap it becomes unplayable.

Haha, yeah I always have the same problem with playing it here. A friend of mine is one of the Profis. He beat me and a girlfriend playing him 2 on 1 with his hands backwards. Ridiculous. I find it funny when hammered though.

I just read a description of a beer (kveik) on tap in one of my favorite bars and it's like a scripture from some fantasy game:

"Kveik from Voss, brewer Sigmund Gjernes. The people from the farm of Gjernes, Sigmund among them, used kveik from Brynjulv Gjernes. When Sigmund moved to his own farm he mixed it with kveik from a neighbour, Kåre Hovda. Hovda had his kveik from Bordalen. The people at Gjernes used to get kveik from Veka in Dyrvedalen."

If you don't know this one, try to get it. Excellent and non expensive.

ABV 10,5% Extract 24% Country: Náchod, Czech republic

Primator Double 24% "Double is a dark Porter style specialty beer. It is a new sensory experience for everyone who enjoys something unusual and interesting. Twenty-four percent original extract and 10.5% alcohol make our Double the strongest Czech beer commercially brewed and one of the strongest in Europe. Exact proportions of ingredients (five kinds of malt – Czech, Bavarian, caramel, coloring and wheat) give the foundation of the taste, which is dominated by roasted malts. The high content of pure extract cause a burst of energy and enlivens the senses. Therefore, it is recommended as a “beer aperitif”. A jet-black rich dark brew with a creamy head comes into its own in tall stemmed glasses to highlight this unique jewel of the Náchod brewery. Great for desserts and cakes and surprisingly suitable for spicy foods. It is a sensual gourmet taste"

http://www.gdansk-beerpub.com/beer-type/primator-double-24/

Old-Gdansk-Primator-Double-600x800.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
If you don't know this one, try to get it. Excellent and non expensive.

ABV 10,5% Extract 24% Country: Náchod, Czech republic

Primator Double 24% "Double is a dark Porter style specialty beer. It is a new sensory experience for everyone who enjoys something unusual and interesting. Twenty-four percent original extract and 10.5% alcohol make our Double the strongest Czech beer commercially brewed and one of the strongest in Europe. Exact proportions of ingredients (five kinds of malt – Czech, Bavarian, caramel, coloring and wheat) give the foundation of the taste, which is dominated by roasted malts. The high content of pure extract cause a burst of energy and enlivens the senses. Therefore, it is recommended as a “beer aperitif”. A jet-black rich dark brew with a creamy head comes into its own in tall stemmed glasses to highlight this unique jewel of the Náchod brewery. Great for desserts and cakes and surprisingly suitable for spicy foods. It is a sensual gourmet taste"

http://www.gdansk-beerpub.com/beer-type/primator-double-24/

Old-Gdansk-Primator-Double-600x800.jpg

Erm, where are you from?

EDIT: Gdansk? Ok.

The beer is easily available in Europe, I'm pretty sure US and other regions have imported it as well.
Some beers like that are available even at Walmart.

It's weird to see Promátor being distributed abroad, but their hefewezen is actually not bad.

They have new design now though, and some weird-shaped bottles:

foto-hlavni.jpg

So I went out to grab some beers for later and I was happy that I bought three different Zwickels until I found out that one is a Zoigl.

son Im disapoint

EDIT: Might be my first Zoigl tho, I had to fucking google that jewish bastard.