Beer

All of the Trader Joe's i've been to carry their IPAs

Yea, i absolutely crush chest workouts. But im currently recovering from a broken hand, and a bad one at that. It just doesn't want to heal :(. More worried about the other bullshit that comes with estrogen.

I've always heard that was the case, but I've never read too deeply into it. There are a lot of things that are proven to lower testosterone and promote esteogen production. You should look up articles about general stuff and you'll see that it's not restricted solely to beer.

There are things that work in the opposite direction too.

you'll see that it's not restricted solely to beer.

OOhh nosee, rearrryy?? Tanks for pointingz that outs!

Did i say it was? I'm pretty sure everyone knows HOPS arent the ONLY THING ON THIS PLANET that lower T and raise estrogen. :lol:

I just didnt know hops where that estrogenic. The articles i read on hops are far scarier than a lot of the other shit that lower T ... like weed, for example.

-----

Merkin was good. Definitely not worth $13-14 a bottle.

Did anyone say that you said that or even imply it? Nope. I'm not sure why you reply to so many posts in such a defensive manner. It's bizarre.

And the way you always post like you're sitting atop a high horse is extremely annoying, as plenty of others have pointed out. Do you ever get nose bleeds up there?

Like i said .... thanks for pointing that out, genius. I dont get a "you're welcome" or anything?

That isn't recognizable as a sincere thanks and it was probably not meant as such. You'll have to forgive me for not noticing it.

Besides, people are plenty critical of your defensive replies and aggressive posting style, so I don't need to hear from you of all people about people not liking the way that I post. Don't instigate bullshit arguments for no reason in every topic if you can avoid it.

Parabola is fantastic. By far probably my favorite BA Imperial Stout. Sucaba is probably my next favorite with Stickee Monkee not far behind.

yeah Sucaba is a barleywine. They're usually $16-20. Parabola flies off the shelf, so be aware of that. Sucaba tends to sit around for a bit...I don't know why. Also, Parabola is pretty boozy. I like my barrel aged beers boozy, so your mileage may vary

http://i.imgur.com/ZayHaAc.jpg

Edit: Picture is huge!

Avery Brewing - The Kaiser Imperial Oktoberfest Lager

I'm really excited that I found this recently. Celebrating the temperature finally becoming a bit more bearable!

Their entire imperial series is pretty impressive. The Czar Imperial Stout is a winter favorite for sure.

Hopefully I still have time to grab that one though.

Kaiser is solid... I love Avery's limited stuff and the Imperial series, yeah... still holding onto a 12 oz of Five Monks (19.4% BBA quad!) probably until a cold night in the upcoming few months.

I have a bomber each of the three beers in The Holy Trinity of Ales series as well, which was hard to do because their distribution here is crap.

Somehow a franchise craft beer chain (Craft Beer Cellar) around here acquired a bunch of Modern Times stuff in a recent delivery, so I snagged a couple of each of their five beers and will post some reviews and whatnot later on. Think I'll try to go back and get some more also!

If you recall, I went to a Craft Beer Cellar in Brandon, FL recently. They had a good selection, including some beers that I have never seen here, but some of the stuff that they had was much more expensive than it is in other stores that carry it. I particularly recall that some of the bombers were $14-18 in that store that are between $8-10 in other stores.

I still look forward to hearing about it as we don't get Modern Times here.

They sometimes charge boutique prices, particularly at their locations closer to fancier areas, but mine is very reasonably priced for the location it's in, and I'm decent buddies with the guys who work there, and they're always happy to talk beer with me so I'd consider it a fair trade anyway.

Anyway, just digging into Fortunate Islands first. This is their Citra/Amarillo dry-hopped wheat pale ale. Great smell; mild tropical fruit, bright lemon and orange with a slight dank quality. Citra is just such a goddamn great hop (Amarillo is a classic and no slouch either though), and one of the best dry-hops you can use... so punchy and in-your-face but weirdly delicate too. This is pretty juicy and, at 5%, it feels perfectly drinkable and crushable. The slight malty bite at the section of each sip right before the dryness and puckering hop kick get to the tongue is so well-balanced. This kinda reminds me of some Hill Farmstead pale ales I've had that focus on bright and apparent hops with a very dry yet full-bodied malt base. Super clean, refreshing and very tasty. I look forward to drinking the saison which is also in the fridge!