Beer

Yo dawgs. I just wrote a review of a great local beer on FB so I'm copying and pasting it here for you brahs.

297099_10150246661676887_699811886_7758743_4106829_n.jpg

Blue Hills Pub Draft IPA. Very nice thick, hazy body with a strong head that dissipates quickly, leaving no lacing. Bursting with powerful caramel malt flavor and a strong Golding hop presence, this beer has a very "English pub-style" flavor. It looks almost unfiltered, with the cloudy presence of a Belgian beer or darker hefeweizen. Nose is a little ripe, floral and pine with upfront pineapple/citrus. Initial taste is bitter hops, provided by the Summit in the mix (I love when beers list the kind of hops they use; it's important to know in the context of a good IPA), but it mellows down in the back with a surprisingly malty feel. At 6.6%, it's not incredibly strong and I could easily see this deserving an imperial/triple IPA variety in the future, but the alcohol that is there is very subtle. This is a very, very good example of an East Coast IPA from our very own Canton, MA. At $4.49 a bottle (22 oz. bomber), it's also an inexpensive and affordable choice, so if you're from New England or are interested in our local craft beers, you'd do well to check this out. Since this is excellent, I will excuse their use of Hobo Std type on the label, as well. I'm feeling generous /typenerd.

Need to check that out.

Don't post too much here because I'm more of a wine person. Spanish Sons Temperanillo rocks, by the way. But in terms of beer, Sam Adams Boston Lager still remains my favorite standard lager, hands down. Glad I still live in New England.

Need to check that out.

Don't post too much here because I'm more of a wine person. Spanish Sons Temperanillo rocks, by the way. But in terms of beer, Sam Adams Boston Lager still remains my favorite standard lager, hands down. Glad I still live in New England.

I still stand by SA Boston Lager being irritatingly over-hopped with nobles. Not a big fan. I much prefer Coors/Light or Budweiser. Can't forget PBR, which is, honestly, fucking great.

where do you live, Sefira?

Yesterday I had a year aged Dogfish Head Burton Baton, which is an oak aged Imperial IPA. Typically you don't age IPAs and certainly not DIPAs, but this one is an exception, so I was curious. I love this beer fresh. A year in, the hops have faded, obviously, and instead the sugars and malts have come way forward. It was pretty tasty. Booziness wasn't very apparent which is nice considering it's 11%. I still have one more bottle in the cellar...should be interesting next year

I'm from Scranton, Pennsylvania but I moved to the south a few years ago in order to get away from the snow. I'm still loyal to Yuengling, Snyder's pretzels and a bunch of other PA stuff.

Ah. Yeah there seems to be loads of good stuff from PA. You should still have some access to some quality brews in the South. Shop around and be curious!

Yuengling is a good cheap beer. I'll take it over any of the other generic mass-produced shit any day. It's usually what I keep in my fridge. There's a brewery here in Tampa, so Yuengling is everywhere.

Went to Tampa Bay Brewing Co. last week for lunch and beers with a friend. That place has some of the best brews in the area. Three of those babies and you're feeling it on your drive home. Also tried a Cigar City the other day; pretty good.

They are getting popular. They did a collaboration with a brewery out here, The Bruery, called Marron Acidifie, and it was freaking amazing

Mmmm I had a house cask oatmeal stout today at John Harvard's in Harvard Sq. today. This was right after I did a free tasting session (1 hr) at Harpoon Brewery. Great day.

Had Maudite for the first time tonight. I have determined that I cannot enjoy Belgian-style beers so much all because I use Duvel as the golden standard.

Duvel is pretty awesome. For what it's worth, Maudite is brewed in Canada. Unibroue does make some good stuff, but it doesn't touch the real Belgian stuff. Fantome, Rochefort, Cantillon, De Struise, Drei Fonteinen...all make phenomenal beers.

Had Maudite for the first time tonight. I have determined that I cannot enjoy Belgian-style beers so much all because I use Duvel as the golden standard.

Eh, I prefer Maudite, Trois Pistoles and other Unibroue beers over Duvel. But I'm kind of burned out on Belgian beers atm anyway...