Beer

I would love to, but just from looking around it looks like shipping from the US to Australia is incredibly expensive (like over $100).

Drinking some Old Rasputin Imperial Stout. Good stuff. It's got too much of a sharp bite to some aspect of the taste but otherwise it's got a great aftertaste, smell, and body. I think I'd better move towards finding a more potent version of a cream stout or nut brown ale though. I was told great things about Mackesson's XXX cream stout but they don't make it any more :/

anything by Samuel Smith's is fucking delicious. Their Taddy Porter = tits

for those of us in the states, I brought up the idea to Andy of doing some beer trades. I think it might be interesting. I have pretty regular access to some great west coast IPAs and regional things. Anyone interested?

Step 1: Acquire beer
Step 2: Package & ship beer
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Imbibe!

but yeah. the only research would be finding out what's regional. Pretty much everything you posted in that IPA post on Facebook I hadn't heard of/seen/tried

Well most of those would probably be good places to start. Blue Hills, Clown Shoes, Berkshire Brewing Co. and Rock Art would probably be my picks of good-to-great local places.

It‘s 9:14AM and I‘m drinking a beer. Unfiltered Staropramen lager. A cheaper substitute to Pilsner Urquell. Very good.

It‘s 9:14AM and I‘m drinking a beer. Unfiltered Staropramen lager. A cheaper substitute to Pilsner Urquell. Very good.

When I visited Sweden about a month ago, every bar I visited offered Staropramen on tap, yet not a single domestic beer? I guess Sweden got itself some Czech fever. I wouldn't say it's bad though, just kind of bland.

When I visited Sweden about a month ago, every bar I visited offered Staropramen on tap, yet not a single domestic beer? I guess Sweden got itself some Czech fever. I wouldn't say it's bad though, just kind of bland.

That had to be the lighter version. That has like 4,2 alcohol and they have it everywhere here. It‘s cheap and not bad, as you said. But their stronger beers/lagers/unfiltered lagers are tastier. I doubt they export a lot of that there though. But yeah, when I have a beer at home, it‘s Staropramen, because it‘s 1/2 the prize of Urquell.

(That doesn‘t change the fact that I had two Urquells just now and I‘m going to a pub in a minute. Urquell in a pub in Prague is the best beer of universe. End of arguments.)

Having some good shit tonight. Redhook's Late Harvest Ale and Wachusett Imperial Pumpkin Ale. The former is a nice, clear and tasty American amber ale with several characteristics of brown ales and a strong, interesting hop bite in the aftertaste that bitters out the strong upfront malts and toasted grains, providing a well-rounded and above-average drinking experience for a Fall seasonal. The latter is a strong dessert-esque "liquid pumpkin pie" beer brewed with Belgian candi sugar, making it akin to some tripels out there. At 8%, it's pretty boozy but also drinkable and warming. The subtle tastes of vanilla, nutmeg and clove are very well done and put it a notch above most other pumpkin ales I've had this year so far.

That's honestly fucking dumb. They really should just stick to what they're good at. If I ever see that black lager around here I'll get the smallest pack possible just to say I tried one of the dumbest ideas of all time, but...seriously. Guinness. No. Don't do that. Stop making things that aren't draught or foreign extra.

Yeah I don't see myself drinking this ever again. It's just boring as hell. Granted, it is a little easy to drink 4-5 of these than 4-5 Extra Stouts, but I feel like you could pour those Extra Stouts and make a Guinness Beer Float out of it. It's so damn creamy.

Guinness Extra is the absolute shit. You should try to find Sam Adams' Black Lager; it's excellent and probably better than Guinness' dumb version.