Beer

I'll have to see if I can get my grubby mits on some.

Went back to Beachwood BBQ the other night for Cascade Brewing event at sourfest. Cascade is one of my favorite sour breweries. The place was beyond packed, and this is not a very big bar at all. Got to have their Vlad the Imp'Aler, Sang Rouge, The Vine and Beck Berry. All were outstanding. The head brewer was there and was actually a cool guy. He was talking, joking and chatting it up with the crowd.

Went to a couple of breweries last night with some buddies. We went to The Bruery in Placentia and had flights of their fantastic beers. Barrel Aged Cuir at 17% definitely puts hair on the chest. I was sad their Humulus Lager and Pharaoh were not on tap because those are my favorites. Then we boogied over to Bootlegger's Brewery. Had their Rocco Red which is freaking nectar. I could drink that everyday it's so goddamn smooth. Closed off the night at The Bruery Provisions, The Bruery's little bottle shop and tasting room. Had another flight of The Bruery beers and called it a night

good times. Next weekend we're doing a 4 brewery tour in San Diego of Stone, Lost Abbey, Green Flash and Alesmith. Should be fun

Just picked up a big bottle of Cigar City's Marshal Zhukov stout. Gonna crack it tonight for the USF game. Also grabbed some Samuel Smith's imperial. It's going to be a tasty week.

Just picked up a big bottle of Cigar City's Marshal Zhukov stout. Gonna crack it tonight for the USF game. Also grabbed some Samuel Smith's imperial. It's going to be a tasty week.

fuck man. I would love to get some Marshal Zhukov. Never had it before, but it's supposed to be amazing...it is also extremely good for beer trading

Been having lots of different, good pumpkin beers lately. Latest have been Dogfish Head's and Fisherman's Pumpkin Stout.

Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale is not bad.

shipyard_pumpkinhead.jpg

On an unrelated note, Dogfish Head 60-Minute IPA gets the Zephyrus stamp of approval.

N6cN3.jpg

The Bruery's Oude Tart, a Flemish style red ale that's aged in oak barrels. Latest batch purchased from The Bruery Provisions. Poured into my Bruery tulip.

A few people have noted carbonation issues, but my bottle was nicely carbonated. Minimal head. Smell is fantastic. Sweet cherries and vinegar on the nose. Acidy. Love it. Taste confirms the nose. It's called "tart" for a reason. This is a fantastic brew. Color is a reddish brown.

Mouthfeel and body is pretty nice. The light amount of carbonation makes it even better..

Oude Tart is pretty famous and it's no wonder why. It's an outstanding beer. Cheers

spent pretty much the whole day drinking beer and not a single fuck was given :lol:

went with some buddies down to san diego. First stop: Stone. Consumed: Blind Pig IPA and four tasters (Pale Ale, IPA, Smoked Porter and Arrogant Bastard). Next stop: Lost Abbey. Consumed: Tasters of Hop 15, Fallbrook Homegrown Ale and some mystery taster one of our friends didn't want. Last stop: Green Flash. Consumed: Tasters of Double Stout, their Red IPA and West Coast IPA.

Purchased: 2liter growler of Stone Cali-Belgique IPA and 4-pack of Green Flash Double Stout.

all in all, a good day

My new beer of choice is Toohey's Extra Dry,replacing Boag's Draught.It's alot easier to drink and has a slightly higher alcohol % and it also has the added bonus of making you not feel as though you've been trampled by a herd of elephants the next day.

Purchased: 4-pack of Green Flash Double Stout.

I had this stout the other day. It was definitely the most satisfying out of my complete order. The fact its like 9% and fucking delicious is a seriously beautiful thing.

The other beers I got were Sierra Nevada's Porter and Knee Deep Brewing's Tanilla Porter.

yeah I was really surprised by how smooth and drinkable it was. I asked the guy how long they had been brewing it for, and he said a few years, but it's only been in 4 packs for about a year now. I was very impressed. It was my find of the day

2 liters of cali-belgique you fucking douche, die.

:cool:

Beer.jpg

(Pliny The Elder
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Stone Belgo Anise Imperial Russian Stout
Sam Adams Imperial Stout
Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout
Sam Adams Imperial White)

Its going to be a good couple days.