Beer

Cool. Thanks for the link!

Drinking this tonight:

nxJ1L.jpg

Bottled 2/26/10. Poured into Chimay goblet. Smell isn't very intoxicating. Sugary sweetness is in there somewhere. Pour is decent. Color is brown sugar/carmel brown. Very little carbonation.

Taste is better than the nose. It tastes like a Dubbel. There's note of fruit, smoke, leather and brown sugar. Pretty good taste.

Lack of carbonation makes the mouthfeel only somewhat decent. For 8.00% it's pretty full bodied.

Overall it's a good beer, but I'd rather take a true Belgian dubbel. It's decent, but I don't know if I'd buy it again. It'd be interesting to try aged longer.

Other than the bourbon ale im not too impressed with goose island biers. Had a couple of pints of some really good upside down blonde beers from flat 12 and a can of grapefruit jungle beer from sun king today. Mighty tasty.

Just picked up a big bottle of Cigar City's Marshal Zhukov stout. Gonna crack it tonight for the USF game. Also grabbed some Samuel Smith's imperial. It's going to be a tasty week.

Check out Orlando Brewery sometime, they have some good stuff. I prefer them over that Tampa stuff.

Tonight I picked up a bomber of Green Flash Imperial IPA, a 4 pack of Green Flash West Coast IPA, & a sixer of an old time favorite, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

Picked up some beers for a buddy's birthday party tonight.

Avery's Out of Bounds Stout, Boonville's Summer Solstice, Deschutes' Black Butte Porter, Sierra Nevada's Tumbler, and Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale.

EDIT: Do any of you guys use a special shaped glass to drink your beer? Notice any difference in taste when used or not?

After picking up a growler at the bier brewery today within a block they had the indiana home brewers fest today needless to say the beers i tasted today were above and beyond the call of duty. Life is good.

I had this a week ago, but I never commented on it.

I got a Philadelphia Brewing [despite living here] variety case for the first time. Their lager is fucking insane for the price. Easily one of the best lagers that I've had for that range. You guys should try it out - "Kenzinger"

had Dogfish Head's Pangaea last night...brewed with an ingredient from every continent (even antarctica). It was really good. Very pleasant to drink. Had only the faintest hint of ginger in the background on the aftertaste. Would definitely drink again

Picked up a six pack of Hobgoblin Dark English Ale tonight. Just cracked open the first one & I love it. Now I want to try some other Wychwood beers.

So I turn 21 in less than two weeks. Any suggestions on what I should try out that I won't be able to get after a couple of weeks? I want to get some fall seasonals before they stop, so I was thinking about going with the Southern Tier Pumpking and maybe some Octoberfest, along with some classic Unibroue brews.

So I turn 21 in less than two weeks. Any suggestions on what I should try out that I won't be able to get after a couple of weeks? I want to get some fall seasonals before they stop, so I was thinking about going with the Southern Tier Pumpking and maybe some Octoberfest, along with some classic Unibroue brews.

Can you get Bob's 47 by Boulevard? It's a very good Ocktoberfest style seasonal.