Beowulf

I'm looking forward to Beowulf, probably go see it next week with my brother when I'm home for an early Turkey day.

Troy is best watched with the sound off. humina, humina.

We are going to go see this on 3D Imax, I've read reviews saying it was an amazing experience, even if the movie is not your cup of tea.

The Mist looks very interesting too.

personally I can't get into it... I dunno, the promos don't strike me... I saw a live action movie, 'Beowulf and Grendel', that looked at it as more of a true story that inspired the epic poem... But Grendel wasn't pretty, and neither was his mom... There was a part of the story that was added and kinda lame but still the bit of fighting was kinda kewl...

I have a feeling that those that are familiar with the epic poem will laugh this movie off, and ones that kinda know the jist will probably like it (in a 'final fantasy' kinda way)

We are going to go see this on 3D Imax, I've read reviews saying it was an amazing experience, even if the movie is not your cup of tea.

The Mist looks very interesting too.

Planning to do the same. Georgia Mall on Friday probably. Most likely some PF Changs before it =D

Planning to do the same. Georgia Mall on Friday probably. Most likely some PF Changs before it =D

Sadly, I was underwhelmed by PF Changs. Seemed pricey and the portions were surprisingly small for an Oriental restaurant.

Do say 'hi' to Bucephelas, the giant horse who stands guard (along with his clone) at the front door. :) (That's my affectionate nickname for 'em, totally wrong since the historical Bucephelas would have been a very small -- but tireless -- horse.)

I still haven't seen a non-cheesy-looking preview for Beowulf. Hope it's decent......

Yeah PF Changs is a bit pricey, but they are more of an American/Chinese bistro, than a standard Chinese place. The portions are fine for me, and often I'll split a dinner and an order of fried dumplings (they make them very well). As for overall flavor, its just one of my favorites. Their orange beef, szechuan (beef/pork/whatever), lemon chicken, and twice cooked pork are very good.

Yeah PF Changs is a bit pricey, but they are more of an American/Chinese bistro, than a standard Chinese place. The portions are fine for me, and often I'll split a dinner and an order of fried dumplings (they make them very well). As for overall flavor, its just one of my favorites. Their orange beef, szechuan (beef/pork/whatever), lemon chicken, and twice cooked pork are very good.

Randy Marsh approves.

Sadly, I was underwhelmed by PF Changs. Seemed pricey and the portions were surprisingly small for an Oriental restaurant.

Do say 'hi' to Bucephelas, the giant horse who stands guard (along with his clone) at the front door. :) (That's my affectionate nickname for 'em, totally wrong since the historical Bucephelas would have been a very small -- but tireless -- horse.)

I still haven't seen a non-cheesy-looking preview for Beowulf. Hope it's decent......

Agreed on both counts. I'll not be setting foot in a PF Changs again if I can help it. The food sucked too.

As for the movie every preview I see makes it look worse. I am, of course, condemned to see it as all my family and friends want to go.

Just got back from the 9:00pm IMAX show, all I can say is wow. The CGI is incredible, and the 3-D was very well done. Everyone in the theatre including myself were stunned and glued to the screen. At some point you don't even realize the 3-D and it's like you are there.

If you see this, 3-D is the only way to see it.

The movie was good. In 3-D it's fantastic. Grendel is pretty gruesome and disgusting. This is not a kids movie at all.

I don't want to spoil it but if you like fantasy/D&D you can't go wrong with this movie, but then again people can find stuff to nitpick about the LOTR trilogy so /shrug.

Met-Al and I are going to catch a late show with some friends. I'm still iffy about this movie, but since I greatly enjoyed LoTR, despite the differences between movie and books, maybe I'll enjoy this.

Entrerie, PLEASE tell me they uglied-up Angelina Jolie? Because casting her as Grendel's mother seems like a really stupid move on Hollywood's part, IMO.

Met-Al and I are going to catch a late show with some friends. I'm still iffy about this movie, but since I greatly enjoyed LoTR, despite the differences between movie and books, maybe I'll enjoy this.

Entrerie, PLEASE tell me they uglied-up Angelina Jolie? Because casting her as Grendel's mother seems like a really stupid move on Hollywood's part, IMO.

Kinda, they only show it in reflections in the water briefly. Grendel is hideous enough for the both of them. She is a shapeshifter.

It was entertaining, but there were some discrepancies. If you're a huge fan of the epic poem, and you're expecting nothing less than perfect parallels, you probably will be miffed.

But I enjoyed it, despite the differences.