Iron Man movie

Everyone that hasn't already, STAY AFTER THE CREDITS. If you're into comic books and/or their movies then it's definitely worth your time. I'm stoked.

anyone notice anything in this scene?:

ironman-cptamerica-shield.jpg

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/09/captain-americas-shield-found-in-iron-man/

When Wolverine's claws are dull and Spiderman's web is breaking, Iron Man comes to save the world.
It was the best Marvel super-hero movie I saw in a long time!!!

Now I heard they're starting pre-production of a Thor movie. Did anyone else hear that? That one would be the coolest!!

Now I heard they're starting pre-production of a Thor movie. Did anyone else hear that? That one would be the coolest!!

Marvel announced Iron Man 2, Thor, The First Avenger: Captain America, & Avengers

Mathew Vaughn will be directing Thor. He did Stardust which is an awesome movie. CA & Avengers we won't see till around 2011. IM2 is supposed to introduce the character of CA.

I'm now officially too old or something ... thought the movie was entertaining, but was typical hollywood fluff. I'm not a comic book guy, and knew little of the Iron Man story going in, but the movie wound up being very predictable as usual, and contained all the same hollywood cliche I've come to expect. Movies I really like are becoming very hard to find.

Britt

I think you need to lower your expectations when going to see a movie based on a comic book and you find yourself disappointed and using phrases like "hollywood cliche" and "very predictable".. remember what they're basing it off of. It's not like comic books are epic world changing novels.

...most of the time.

I think you need to lower your expectations when going to see a movie based on a comic book and you find yourself disappointed and using phrases like "hollywood cliche" and "very predictable".. remember what they're basing it off of. It's not like comic books are epic world changing novels.

...most of the time.
I hear ya ... I just expected it to be better based off of everyone and their brother touting it's greatness. I just didn't see that ... entertaining in parts, yes .. great, no.

Britt

Just read these two stories:

Marvel today updated its feature film slate strategy and plans for the next three years, locking in key release windows for its character franchises. In order to focus its attention on maximizing the success of an Iron Man sequel and the launch of Thor in the summer of 2010 and because Marvel believes that the summer is the optimal time to launch a new property, the Company will not release a self produced film in 2009. Marvel plans to launch its 2010 film slate with the release of the sequel, 'Iron Man 2', on April 30, 2010, followed by the launch of 'Thor' on June 4, 2010. Additionally, Marvel is planting its feature film stakes for summer 2011 with an Avengers-themed summer – a two-picture project which will debut on May 6, 2011 with 'The First Avenger: Captain America' (working title), followed by 'The Avengers' in July 2011.

Marvel's biggest fear production is Captain America, feeling that if tthey keep the character true to form, it will not sell overseas (ya gotta love the accountants). My biggest fear is who Marvel has on their top list to play Steve Rogers:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-May-Be-Matthew-McConaughey-8737.html

lame choice if ya ask me... he cant act his way out of a paper bag..heres my choice:Brad Beyer formerly of CBS Jericho

jer-bradbey.jpg

Best movie of the summer? I thought the Dark Knight came out next month
:loco:

britt, you like the new Batman?
I did like the first and latest Batman movie. The other two I saw were pretty bad. Is there four of those that have been released.

The Spiderman movies were so-so .. liked the first one better than Iron Man.

The X-Men movies were pretty entertaining ... liked those a lot better than Iron Man.

Britt

Yeah I only like batman alot out of all the new trash that comes out, Iron Man was above average though imo. And watch the batman with the penguin too, Keaton is fucking awesome :lol:

Mathew McConaughy is too sweaty and dirty to be Cap and can't act. That one guy looks like he could fit the role though I never watched Jericho to judge his acting. I could have seen someone like Aaron Eckhart being Cap but he's busy being Harvey Dent. How about Titan from the new American Gladiators? ;) They could have Wolf be Thor. Of course, Crush would have to have some female role too.

Iron Man rocked. I saw it yesterday. What a great movie I was smiling form ear to ear the whole movie. What great acting by RDJ, he rules as Iron Man!!!!I cannot wait for IM2 and all teh others that are coming. Where is Aquaman and Wonder Woman in all of this? Anyone see a Justice League theme happening or the other side is the Avengers.

Bear