Iron Man movie

Iron Man rocked. I saw it yesterday. What a great movie I was smiling form ear to ear the whole movie. What great acting by RDJ, he rules as Iron Man!!!!I cannot wait for IM2 and all teh others that are coming. Where is Aquaman and Wonder Woman in all of this? Anyone see a Justice League theme happening or the other side is the Avengers.

Bear

DC was working on a Wonder Woman movie that got tossed aside for a JLA movie but rumor is that is now on hold as well. No clue about Aquaman. I honestly have never seen him as being popular enough within the DC universe to have his own movie.

DC was working on a Wonder Woman movie that got tossed aside for a JLA movie but rumor is that is now on hold as well. No clue about Aquaman. I honestly have never seen him as being popular enough within the DC universe to have his own movie.

right, I think he should be a supporting character in a larger movie. As done with X Men....I think that would rock

Bear

Where is Aquaman and Wonder Woman in all of this? Anyone see a Justice League theme happening or the other side is the Avengers.

Bear

Ask DC comics. They seem to tend to shy away from movies, probably because their franchises are based off of aliens and 0 plausability and no connection in reality. I mean, lets face it, if Marvel has ever done something right, it's that it humanizes it's Superhero's, and it only takes a slightly suspended belief in reality to imagine that what your seeing on screen or reading in comics is believable.

My wife and I saw Iron Man and I have to say I was impressed. I was worried that Robert Downey, Jr. would turn in a mediocre performance. Damn was I wrong! This will be his comeback movie. The question will be can he handle the Hollywood scene again. I have always thought he was very talented.

As far as X-men goes, they did need a better Rogue. They picked a perfect "Beast", they could have done better in their choice for her. She was favorite character in that series and one of the most powerful imo. All she had to do was touch you and she could bring you to your knees. Now that is my kinda woman...lol

As far as X-men goes, they did need a better Rogue. They picked a perfect "Beast", they could have done better in their choice for her. She was favorite character in that series and one of the most powerful imo. All she had to do was touch you and she could bring you to your knees. Now that is my kinda woman...lol

I always felt that Rogue in the movies was basically Jubilee with Rogue's powers. Or maybe the cartoon version from X-Men: Evolution (never really watched that though I know Rogue was one of the younger teens on the show). Her early relationship with Logan was far more along the lines of his relationship with Jubilee in the comics.

And don't know if anyone has read it but apparently Brian Vaughn is supposed to write the script for a Runaways movie. Volume 1 & 2 of the series was awesome. I'm just not sure about a movie because I don't think the series is big enough to get a huge budget and it wouldn't work as an indie film like Scott Pilgrim because it's too "superhero-y" and would require a lot of CGI. For those that don't regularly read comics, he's written a few episodes of Lost.

Finally saw it this weekend. It was worth seeing in the theater and we both really enjoyed it. RDJ did a great job with the character. I was skeptical originally, but he definitely pulled it off and then some. I think it's the best superhero movie in a long time, way better than the Spiderman movies.

Just read these two stories:

Marvel today updated its feature film slate strategy and plans for the next three years, locking in key release windows for its character franchises. In order to focus its attention on maximizing the success of an Iron Man sequel and the launch of Thor in the summer of 2010 and because Marvel believes that the summer is the optimal time to launch a new property, the Company will not release a self produced film in 2009. Marvel plans to launch its 2010 film slate with the release of the sequel, 'Iron Man 2', on April 30, 2010, followed by the launch of 'Thor' on June 4, 2010. Additionally, Marvel is planting its feature film stakes for summer 2011 with an Avengers-themed summer – a two-picture project which will debut on May 6, 2011 with 'The First Avenger: Captain America' (working title), followed by 'The Avengers' in July 2011.

Marvel's biggest fear production is Captain America, feeling that if tthey keep the character true to form, it will not sell overseas (ya gotta love the accountants). My biggest fear is who Marvel has on their top list to play Steve Rogers:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Captain-America-May-Be-Matthew-McConaughey-8737.html

lame choice if ya ask me... he cant act his way out of a paper bag..heres my choice:Brad Beyer formerly of CBS Jericho

jer-bradbey.jpg

The McConaughey rumor is just that.

Let's see. Marvel has overcome DC Comics over the franchise of making movies about their heroes. But had all been good? Nope! Hulk (the first one with Eric Bana) sucked, Punisher was weak, The Fantastic Four wimpy (I haven't seen the second with Silver Surfer), X-Man: good, very good, and baaad, Ghost Rider silly, and Spider Man: average, good and haven't seen the third, so that leave us with Iron Man....

.....IT FUCKING KICK ASS!

a) A movie that starts with AC/DC has to be good
b) A movie that ends with Black Sabbath had to be good
c) Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow are uber cool in their characters, Tony Stark is the most empathic character I have seen in years in a movie
d) the comedy is witty and well used an the action is hard and heavy
e) the last scene after the credits is awsome, I mean for those of you who already seen the movie is badass to the Nth degree and for those who hasn't remember not to leave the cinema until after the credits are over.

I'm awaiting the new Hulk movie (Edward Norton is great) eagerly as well as the proposed Avengers movie, Thor and even Captain America (which i had my reserves about it).