Iron Man movie

rms

Dec 14, 2006
Buffalo, New York
I remember that thread from awhile back which I would have revived but this search function just hates me or something, so none of that crap about 2 threads same topic!

This movie was fucking good! go see it, I thought it would be terrible on previews and after all these good reviews I saw it and defitenely worth your while. Iron man joins Batman as the ONLY good comic book movies out of recent years :kickass:

Oh ye of little faith. Anyone who didn't realize Robert Downey Jr couldn't have been more perfectly cast does not know Iron Man.

Oh yes, and anyone who hasn't gone (especially if you're a nerd) stay through to the end after the credits.

"Iron Man" is populist filmmaking at its very finest. I had faith in Downey from the beginning, but after movies like "Fantastic Four" and especially "Ghost Rider," I had doubts as to the movie's overall quality. Those doubts were completely swept away. It reminded me of the kind of summer movies I loved when I was a kid. And even the CGI was well-done! While it was nice to see an action movie that was not dependent on FX anyway, it was nonetheless pleasant that the CGI worked so well. The cast was impeccable, starting with Downey who I hope really has kicked the drug habit once and for all. He is a talented actor and "Iron Man" could be the start of even better things. Jeff Bridges was awesome, and Gwyneth Paltrow was warm and appealing...something that you can rarely say about her performances in other movies. I'm not even a fan of the comic, but there is something inherently cool about a movie that takes this subject matter seriously and respects its fans. And to think that this is only the first big Summer movie...I hope that it's only an indication of things to come.

Yep, truly enjoyed this movie.

I'm not going to go so far as best comic book movie ever though, as I also loved Batman I, Batman Begins, Superman I & II, V for Vendetta, Hellboy, and some others which I've probably forgotten about.

would x men count? i thought those movies were good!

iron man really suprised me, i didnt think it looked good from the previews but it was.

if you go watch it in theaters, stay and watch after the credits!

would x men count? i thought those movies were good!

Good, but not great. If Gambit were actually in the movies and Rogue actually looked like Rogue and spoke with a thick southern accent, then they would be almost great. Aside from that beef, too many inconsistencies keep it from being great to me. *shrug*

If Rogue had already had her encounter with Ms. Marvel... (thus making it really weird to have the Phoenix Saga in the timeline that they did)

Xmen 2 was the best movie of the trilogy imo.

Wow, that movie was great! Just pure fun from start to finish. Sometimes you just need a movie to smack you around with action and not make you think. Perfect.

Good, but not great. If Gambit were actually in the movies and Rogue actually looked like Rogue and spoke with a thick southern accent, then they would be almost great. Aside from that beef, too many inconsistencies keep it from being great to me. *shrug*

Blah. Fuck Gambit. Fandom is already going to ruin the Wolverine movie because of incessant whining about this. Gambit has nothing to do with Wolverine's back story. Get him the hell out of my Wolvie movie.

Blah. Fuck Gambit. Fandom is already going to ruin the Wolverine movie because of incessant whining about this. Gambit has nothing to do with Wolverine's back story. Get him the hell out of my Wolvie movie.

I'm a huge Gambit fan, but I agree with you 100% about getting him out of the wolverine movie (which I am looking forward to). As much negative flack as X3 got, I'd like to see the series continue (with the addition of Gambit). I'm not too excited about him in the Wolverine movie...I think the only positive that could come of it is that they use it just to introduce the character to new fans so that he can be better used in the rest of the series (if it continues)

Jbrille YOU SPEAK THE BLASPHEMY. Gambit rocks. :p

However, he should not be in the Wolverine movie. That would be lame. Almost as lame as not having him in any of the X-Men movies. I mean sheesh, they could have at least had him as a member of the Brotherhood! He was with them, first. I still have the seething hate over the lack of Gambit in the X-men movies.

I didn't know. I honestly haven't been keeping up to date on things. But now I know, and this knowledge makes me an angry bunny.

But Iron Man looks pretty cool. I'll hopefully get to see it this weekend. :)

I'm seeing this tonight! I read that Tom Morello cameos as a terrorist that gets blown up. Guess I'll be looking for him...