Best 20+ minute epic?

Mr. Shred-ididle

Its Chinese-Tilt ya' head
Jan 25, 2003
What is your fav' 20+ minute epic. "Divine Wings of Tragidy" or "the "Odyssey"

For Orchestration, riffs and vocal lines - "Odyssey"

For Solo's, instru-mentation and choir harmonies(at start) - "DWoT"

Personally I perfer to listen to DWoT - simply because I'm a total sucker for shred solo's.

But at the end of the day The Od' is just a better and more thought-out song with better riffs and better vocal melodies. Also MJR proves that he is a total genius with the orchestral stuff he composed - WOW!!!

I feel guilty that I'd perfer to listen to a song with faster solo's than another song with better everthing else. But DWoT still gets my vote.:saint:

I like both of them equally, I guess... DWoT is more heavy while The Odessey is more orchestral..

And I just love "The Propet's Cry"!

Well, Dream Theater's "A Change of Seasons" is my favorite song, but with Symphony X, I enjoy "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" more than "The Odyssey"...

However, The three songs I have just mentioned are, in my belief, the GREATEST. MUSICALLY COMPOSED PIECES. EVAR!!! [/Comic Book Guy]

"A Change of Seasons" is my favorite as well, very beautiful.

But, I love both "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" and "The Odyssey", I hope they pump out more epics in the future.

For me it's very close between The Odyssey, A Change of Seasons, and Divine Wings. There are moments in all three songs where the vocals give me chills! I definitely agree though that that part of Divine Wings is just incredible.

Soul of Ice said:
Green Carnation "Light of Day, Day of Darkness"

One hour of pure genious.

Check em out if you dont know about them.

sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif
sleepy.gif

My fave song ever is A Chsnge of Seasons (Dream Theater) so there's my answer :). I can't decide about The Odyssey or TDWOT but as someone said the last part of DW is gorgeous and Allen's vocals give me goosebumps. That is one reason why he is my fave vocalist.

The Odyssey is better than DWoT in my opinion, but both songs are so close that my opinion changes regularly. The Accolade beats them all though! :headbang:

I'm still deciding. Right now the Odyssey is ahead, until the next time I listen to the live version of TDWOT.

Fates Warning - A Pleasant Shade of Grey

55 minutes of perfection.

The Odyssey is better than TDWOT too me, because it's more cohesive and flows better.

It sounds like one awesome song, where as TWDOT sounds like several cool songs thrown together.