Best album of 2006 thus far.

my top are summoning, ihsahn, keep of kalessin, enslaved, novembre...as you can see most of us at the Opeth forum think sorta alike. I heard a little bit of the new celtic frost too, but the beeps occured every 10 seconds, so I'll just wait till' it comes out. I'm interested in that new Sodom.

Wolftribe--you could be %100 accurate. I'm waiting on WITTR. But, right now Blood in our Wells is my no.1. Agalloch, is my most anticipated release of the year. Enslaved___RUNN is right there with these guys. I'm waiting on the Adversary__ Ishan.

No one else is going to say Amorphis 'eclipse'.

You are all crazy. Unless i'm not hearing much new music I have never heard pop prog and metal mixed so tasteful.

The Greys said:
No one else is going to say Amorphis 'eclipse'.

You are all crazy. Unless i'm not hearing much new music I have never heard pop prog and metal mixed so tasteful.

I completly forgot about that. I change my answer to Eclipse as a matter of fact. It's not the most metal of choices but the songwriting is just damn good imo.

Devin Townsend - Synchestra
Amorphis - Eclipse (Love this. It's such a great comeback after "Far From the Sun")
The Flower Kings - Paradox Hotel

Those are my three favorites.

Dreadful said:
my top are summoning, ihsahn, keep of kalessin, enslaved, novembre...as you can see most of us at the Opeth forum think sorta alike. I heard a little bit of the new celtic frost too, but the beeps occured every 10 seconds, so I'll just wait till' it comes out. I'm interested in that new Sodom.
I got my copy a couple days ago and I have to say it is once again a total takeoff on previous CF works. It's dark, it's different, even down to Tom's voice, it grinds, it's doomy, gothy, apocalyptic, death, and there's a lot of very obvious pain that went into it. I got the digipak and the packing is biased towards giving the fans their money's worth. It's fantastic and intertwined with the music well.

I also have to nominate Vanden Plas' Christ-o. I used to not understand VP, but this album is head and shoulders beyond everything they've ever done and easily in the forefront of prog metal today.

sknight said:
I also have to nominate Vanden Plas' Christ-o. I used to not understand VP, but this album is head and shoulders beyond everything they've ever done and easily in the forefront of prog metal today.

Damn, I need to buy this album. I have "Beyond Daylight" and I enjoy it a lot, but I've heard so much better stuff about the new one.

*adds to list*