Albums of 06

Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Darkthrone - The Cult is Alive
Extinction of Mankind - Northern Scum
Appalachian Terror Unit - Armageddon Won't Be Brought By Gods
Misery Index - Discordia
Borknagar - Origin
World Downfall - Beyond Salvation

I wish I could say Terrorizer - Darker Days Ahead, but that album straight up sucks.

What is it that people don't like about The Great Cold Distance? I thought it was a step up for them in just about every way... though going back to the older albums, the atmosphere is quite different

I rarely listen to the album actually. The Great Cold Distance isn't as entertaining as an amount of other albums that I have. Still it's an ok listen imo when I feel like giving it a play. Easily my least favorite from the band so far.

Reactions: Dazed and Brutal
The new Tool songs I heard were so boring(mainly because the guitarist). I listened to A Perfect Circle -mer de noms yesterday for the first time in a few years which has much better guitar playing than tool. Maynard sounds much more diverse and impressive when backed by diverse and less limited musicians. I don't see the point in Tool anymore. APC is much more out there.

The new Tool songs I heard were so boring(mainly because the guitarist). I listened to A Perfect Circle -mer de noms yesterday for the first time in a few years which has much better guitar playing than tool. Maynard sounds much more diverse and impressive when backed by diverse and less limited musicians. I don't see the point in Tool anymore. APC is much more out there.

No. And there guitarist is an extremely amazing musician, as well as everyone else in the band. (And they kill APC, but APC is still good)

Tool are pretty good, but I don't understand the whole thing about extremely worshiping them. I heard "Vicarious" and "Right In Two" from the new CD. Liked the vocs a lot on "Right In Two" but "Vicarious" was plain bad.

Amon Amarth - With Oden on our side
Krisiun - Assassination
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Goatwhore ~A Haunting Curse
Iron Maiden - A Matter of Life and Death
Wolf - The Black Flame
Slayer ~ Christ Illiusion
Kataklysm - In The Arms Of Devastation
Motorhead ~ Kiss of Death
Black Label Society ~ Shot to Death

my picks so far , there is probabley more I forgot and haven't heard yet.

Reactions: ~Neurotica
Speaking of new albums. Is it me or is the new My Dying Bride crappy ?. I like 1,2 songs. I would say this is without a doubt the bands worst album and Aarons most unispired ridiculous moment as a vocalist. I'm not a big fan of Aarons(except for the early releases) and even for him this is bad. My Dying Bride make crushing doom metal and majority of times Aarons vocals sound like they're for the wrong band. On this album it seems like the band wants to go a tad more heavy and upbeat compared to the last album and Aaron is going the opposite. The new album would be better if Aaron just growled or their was different style cleans.

Clandestine Blaze is Mikko (Aspa, of Deathspell Omega/Fleshpress/Grunt/Creamface/Stabat Mater fame)'s rendition of BM-era early Darkthrone through a scope of pure fucking mediocrity. However, his split with DsO contains some of both bands' best material.