Albums of 06

Sorry that I'm bumping this thread but I didn't get the chance to reply since I was banned for a week.

My favorite album this year was Deicide's newest album The Stench Of Redemption. I seriously listen to it twice a week every week ever since I got it.

My Second favorite this year is Pitch Black Process by Scar Symmetry. Absolutely amazing album that I've also been listening to regularly. They have what it takes to be the next In Flames if they keep it up. I love melodic metal.

Third favorite would be Agalloch's newest album called Ashes Against The Grain. But honestly we knew it was coming cause Agalloch never disapoints.

That is all. I'm really sorry if I hurt y'alls feelings by ummmm bumping this thread up by like 3 pages. Please forgive me and I swear I'd kiss you. I just umm yea wanted to.. post on this so badly.

In no particular order:
1. Cult Of Luna "Somewhere Along The Highway"
2. Agalloch "Ashes Against The Grain"
3. Yyrkoon "Unhealthy Opera"
4. Espers "II" (it has nothing to do with metal but who cares?)
5. The Devin Townsend Band "Synchestra"
6. Amber Tears "Revelations Of Renounced"
7. Steve Hackett "Wild Orchids"
8. Katatonia "The Great Cold Distance"
9. Mastodon "Blood Mountain"
10. Miles Davis "Cellar Door Sessions" (I think in some countries it was released at the end of 2005 but in Poland a bit later)

I haven't hear new Celtic Frost yet (I ordered it some time ago but I didn't get it still... I must write this shop...) but from what I've heard it's amazing album too.

The greatest disappointment if probably Ihsahn's "Adversary". Objectively it's a very good metal album but it's not a very good Ihsahn's album. He can make much better music than that.

No no no! The Grey was the one I was refering to, and come to think of it, they released one called Tomorrow Will Never Come or something, which is also quite bad, if memory serves.

Something like this:
1. Vader "Impressions In Blood"
2. Daylight Dies "Dismantling Devotion"
3. Suffocation "Suffocation"
4. Dismember "The God That Never Was"
5. Communic "Waves of Visual Decay"
6. Isis "In The Abscence of Truth
7. Amorphis "Eclipse"
8. Psycroptic "Symbols of Failure"
9. Goatwhore "A Haunting Curse"
10.Zyklon "Disintegrate"

Disappointments: Katatonia and Mastodon

What is it that people don't like about The Great Cold Distance? I thought it was a step up for them in just about every way... though going back to the older albums, the atmosphere is quite different

I disliked the uninspired distorted guitarwork, the even huger Tool influence and the general lack of depressiveness. Can't say I completely hate it though. I enjoy "July" and "Rusted" for their catchiness and "Journey Through Pressure" for its feeling. Still, I used to be nuts about that band.