Albums of 06

I never really understood Summoning's appeal...I found Oath Bound to be pretty ploddy, boring, and lackluster.

BTW that Repugnant was released originally in '05 I believe...at least my Swedish friend told me that when I first d/led it.

Summoning - Oath Bound

Still need to hear the new Dismember and Countess. I didn't even know there was a new Countess release this year.

I've also heard:
Carpathian Forest - Fuck You All!!!
Gorgoroth - Ad Majorem Sathans Gloria
Suffocation - Suffocation
Drudkh - Blood In Our Wells
Grand Belials Key - Kosherat

But they all sucked.

I was quite impressed by Oath Bound. Hopefully it will age well too. Minas Morgul, Dol Guldur and the Nightshade Forests EP, however, are still their most durable albums, imo

Oath Bound is the first 2006 release I bought and the one I've heard least. Like, not even a full spin. Maybe once. Needs more time, but I'm sick of their new style! Gimme some Minas Morgul style stuff and I'm happy :)

Oath Bound reminds me more of Minas Morgul and especially Dol Guldur than their last two in my opinion.

I'm finally getting around to Estradasphere's Palace of Mirrors, and I'm really liking it. I was turned off from their earlier works because they were pretty weird, but this is good stuff.

So far my picks are;

Drudkh - Blood in our Wells
Negura Bunget - OM
Anata - The Conductor's Departure
Solitude Aeturnus - Alone
Martyr - Feeding the Abscess
Xasthur - Subliminal Genocide
Summoning - Oath Bound

In that order.