best death metal-albums!!!

cookiecutter said:
Ahh I see :) I inserted a comma where there wasn't one when reading it.

I find that American metal is more straightforward, pounding, and rythmic, which is what I like. European death metal, especially Swedish, while by no means bad, often uses more melody, which I find doesn't work as well rythm on many occasions.

Just my thoughts :kickass:

There are swedish death metal bands without melody. You are not looking past the first row. Wombbath for example with their release of Internal Caustic Torments in 1993 was making brutal death metal before shitty texan rednecks like devourment(no offense), and do it a lot more tastefully in a unique and original way.

Grave 'into the grave' and 'you'll never see' for example have no melody and are some of the first brutal death metal albums. Unleashed 'where no life dwells' has no melody and is based on basic rythmic brutality.

Carnage 'dark recollections', entombed 'left hand path'. Fleshcrawl 'descend into thr absurd', Gorefest 'mindloss' 'false'.

Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes,Funebre-children of the scorn.
Sentenced-shadows of the past. Besides the melody in the first song this
album is all simple crushing mutting and rythmnic and it's from 1992. America might have started DM but their brutal death metal is late and second rate

The early 90's euro death metal is more brutal crushing and heavy than american bands around the sametime.

I'm probably missing albums also.

DarkBliss said:
I haven't listened much to Deicide to really comment on that. There is a simpler explanation: he just wants to have as little in common as possible with the transexual peacocks who post "you know where" and their musical preferences, for fear of becoming one himself. I, personally, can understand him, but regardless of those individuals' silly condescending attitudes, the majority of bands assembled in their database do rule

Simpler even than that my perceptive young chum; I don't mind it - I just think it's vastly over rated. Yes, there's a partly creepy atmosphere, but it all sounds so bloody tiresome...

Do I apologise for enjoying the cartoon Satanism of Deicide? No, I find their music direct, simple and amusing.

I don't dislike "complicated" arrangements, but sometimes I think folks around these parts throw the baby out with the bathwater when they disregard the simple ideas in preference to "technicality".

An album I forgot that i'm surprised no one mentioned.

Gorefest-false.

Those european bands will tell you Morbid angel and Deicide were inspirational.

Deicide's Legion was technical as shyeet.

False has some trully bizarre riffing for when it was released. I do like 'Mindloss' but once the new second guitarist and drummer joinded the band they really nailed it with False. I can't say that erase does anything for me.

Discovery said:
Deicide's Legion was technical as shyeet.

:lol:

I think older deicide and cannibal corpse might possibly have the worst guitar solos on earth. You can tell all the guitarists at a certain point actually practiced or received guitar lessons. If Ralph Santolla did not start giving the hoffman brothers lessons in 1995 both guitarist would not have slight musical merit.

I wasn't talking about solos but of the insane rhythms. And i think you're the guy who didn't like Gorguts because Luc lemay couldn't solo. You want to say they're not technical as well?

I love gorguts.

I said Luc probably can't solo which is why Gorguts has a second lead guitarist obviously. something along those lines. How would that indicate I think they suck. Luc is a very innovative rythmn player in death metal actually. I don't think he's as well rounded of a player as people make him out to be. He only demenstrates rythmn playing and technique. There is nothing wrong with that but people act like he's some virtuoso or something. How could someone really tell based on what he shows.

Well you brought up guitar solos as if that was what Deicide was all about, and i thought you felt the same way about Gorguts based on something i remember you saying.. Anyway, you should acknowledge that album's greatness.

I will just so we can stop discussing deicide and maybe other death metal albums instead.

The Greys said:
There are swedish death metal bands without melody. You are not looking past the first row. Wombbath for example with their release of Internal Caustic Torments in 1993 was making brutal death metal before shitty texan rednecks like devourment(no offense), and do it a lot more tastefully in a unique and original way.

Grave 'into the grave' and 'you'll never see' for example have no melody and are some of the first brutal death metal albums. Unleashed 'where no life dwells' has no melody and is based on basic rythmic brutality.

Carnage 'dark recollections', entombed 'left hand path'. Fleshcrawl 'descend into thr absurd', Gorefest 'mindloss' 'false'.

Demigod-slumber of sullen eyes,Funebre-children of the scorn.
Sentenced-shadows of the past. Besides the melody in the first song this
album is all simple crushing mutting and rythmnic and it's from 1992. America might have started DM but their brutal death metal is late and second rate

The early 90's euro death metal is more brutal crushing and heavy than american bands around the sametime.

I'm probably missing albums also.

I agree. I can't stand crap like Deeds of Flesh and Devourment because they try too hard to be brutal. Swedish death metal pulls it off just perfectly even without melody.

Newer american brutal death metal albums have the most horrible low budget productions also. I really doubt there is a semi big label in the US to give bands decent budgets. It seems to me bands don't care about gear nor do producers care about getting a band some decent sound. US DM after 93 is pretty much dead imo.

The Greys said:
Newer american brutal death metal albums have the most horrible low budget productions also. I really doubt there is a semi big label in the US to give bands decent budgets. It seems to me bands don't care about gear nor do producers care about getting a band some decent sound. US DM after 93 is pretty much dead imo.
Hmm. I think many of these shit bands you are talking about (Severed Savior, Decrepit Birth, Vile, etc.) actually have good production, bit the music just sucks.

The Greys said:

Which bands are you refering to? Unique Leader bands (not my favorite but it's ok) have good production. Others I have heard have adequate production.

Brodequin, Devourment, and Sect of Execration are pretty much the only brutal death metal bands I can think of with truly horrible production. The worst that brutal dm production gets otherwise is that the drums are too high in the mix and the blasting drowns out the riffs.