• Pestilence - Spheres

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blasphemy - Gods of War

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Sentenced - North of Here

Votes: 2 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There's several good albums on this list, but for me it came down to a choice between Individual Thought Patterns and Focus. In the end, I picked Focus. Sure, it's not the most "metal" release on that list, and I do think their '91 demo was much better, but it's my favorite on this list overall. Individual Thought Patterns is still a close second though.

By the way, didn't Dark Tranquillity's first album also come out in 1993? I wouldn't have picked it anyway though.

FUCK, The Winterlong is one of my favs of 93 too...so good. Used to hate it but buying that LP reissue made me change my mind. Classic shit.

Elements is much different to all on that list, which makes it much more unique compared to the others which is why I love it more, which makes this album my pick. Atheist rule. Second would be Individual Though Patterns followed by Covenant.

I think Elements would be held in higher standing if the production wasn't garbage. The music is fantastic, but it has the sonic quality of a low-budget demo.

Was a pretty crap year after the brilliance of 92. I got well into Focus, but I can't really listen to it these days. I was let down by most the albums I was looking forward to that year, especially Atheist, Pestilence & Death.

There are still TONS of albums I would choose over most of the albums selected for the poll, though.

I really really love Spiritual Healing, I love Human, and I've got a soft spot for Leprosy, but that's it.

Thought Patterns!

Mentally Blind? Trapped in a Corner? The Philosopher? In Human Form? Jealousy? Overactive Imagination? Title Track? Everything is Nothing?

Fucking every one of those tracks is ridiculous.

The first album that came to mind was Brutality's Screams of Anguish, but it's not in the poll. For those listed I guess I'll go with Heartwork. Those are actually the two CDs I've owned where I've had to have multiple copies due to sheer use & abuse (I tend to just toss CDs I frequently listen to while in the car around like frisbees). Thanks be to who knows what for reissues.

I really really love Spiritual Healing, I love Human, and I've got a soft spot for Leprosy, but that's it.

Pretty much the same for me altough to a lesser degree I believe.

ITP though is a total mess. I never liked it...it sounds just totally disjointed. I can't understand people voting for that as a best album of a year that has so many better choices.

God Macabre - The Winterlong, followed by The Nocturnal Silence.

But agree with a lot of the comments. Too many greats (WFIKTB, DoDS, Saltrubbed Eyes, The Cube, The Nocturnal Silence, Transcendence, Ultimate Incantation) aren't listed.