• Randy Castillo

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Mike Bordin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lars Ulrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave Lombardo

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Mark Bridgeman (tapes of his old band available upon request!)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
OK, someone else can do the Best Bass-bloke poll, because I can't be bothered.

Who is your favourite drummer? The guy who hits the things at the back of the stage for a living? And no, I'm not including Animal from The Muppets!

Dave Lombardo! No contest, send the rest home! :headbang:

Testament: The Gathering, Slayer: Reign In Blood, South Of Heaven and Seasons In The Abyss :worship: (Especially The Gathering, the mans not human!)

Why do I get left out of all the "greatest guitarist" polls if Marks in this one? :mad: ;)

Because I haven't heard you! I grew up with Mark's drumming (I was much better, if I do say so myself) but I haven't heard any of your work yet.

Spawny: Where can we all get a hold of some of your work? :D

My vote went to Mike Portnoy. His skills are just unbelievable, and on the SFAM DVD, at times he looks like he is hardly even trying...he makes it look so easy!

Honerable mentions go to Clive Burr (much prefer his drumming to Nicko's, and all the drumming on NOTB is awesome. Shame what happened to the poor guy :cry: ), Lars Ulrich (yeah, he sucks now, but in his day, he *was* the man), Dave Lombardo (what Spawn said).
I'd also like to mention Nick Menza, and the drummer from Celtic Frost (who's name escapes me right now), they both have an unreal drum sound that is really unique. Awesome :)

I went with Neil Peart. Might not be a metal drummer, but he's still the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be.

I'd have to vote for other. Bobby Rock is da man.

This guy is an absolute freak! 20 piece kit with 21 cymbals and he knows how to use all of them.

But I also have to mention Grant Collins (the best australian drummer - better than virgil donati)

Here are a few freeaks that you missed on the list:
Terry Bozzio
Virgil Donati (the thunder from down under)
Deen Castronovo
Tommy Aldridge
Mark Zonder (Fates Warning)
Dennis Chambers
and lots more but I've had enough typin

I can't believe I forgot Mark Zonder!! He's brilliant! And I quite like Deen Castronovo, even though I've only heard him on the Rush tribute album and whatever Ozzy album it was he performed on. And I forgot about Virgil Donati too :)

Still, I SHOULD have remembered Mark Zonder. Shame on me...

Who's Bobby Rock? I'm assuming you're not talking about the producer :)

Bobby Rock = also from Nitro! And Vinnie Vincent Invasion also!! I would've voted for him had I remembered him at the time lol he is my favourite also.

But I voted for Eric Carr. He isn't the best on the list but he's my favourite, he seems to always know how to make each song rock to its fullest, especially live. That is what I look for in a drummer more than anything I think.

Rikki Rockett is an underrated drummer too I reckon. People think Poison.... ahhh 4/4 rock beat. But listen to his fills and stuff... he is great!!

Alex Van Halen is also a cool drummer :)

Well they had a virtuoso drummer, the fastest guitarist in the world, and the highest male vocalist in rock probably ever to this day (makes King Diamond sound like a tenor!). Apparently the bassist TJ Racer was pretty good too.

Shame about the songwriting... heheh. Nah I have their first album on vinyl and half of the songs are really good (but takes a fair bit of getting used to the style!), the other half REALLY need to be taken back a step. I mean there's a couple of tracks where you have almost black metal blasting, with lightning quick shredding, and vocals reaching the top end of the 6th octave... yet its all got a party/glam attitude! WEIRD MIX! The slower songs like Freight Train, Double Trouble, Long Way From Home, Nasty Reputation, Shot Heard Around The World and O.F.R. are great though! (After a while haha)

It's very very extreme.