• Randy Castillo

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Mike Bordin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lars Ulrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dave Lombardo

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Mark Bridgeman (tapes of his old band available upon request!)

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Originally posted by Spiff
Metal Sludge did 20 Questions with Jim Gillette last year - sounds like a bit of a prat :)

http://www.metal-sludge.com/20QuestionsGillette.htm

Yeah I read that. Actually cut and pasted that interview into a web site I had to make as a uni assignment a few weeks ago! He can't type to save himself!!! Hahaha..... he abbreviates absolutely every single word to the point where you can't even read it properly hahaha.

Hmm, what about the drummers from bands like cryptopsy, malevelont creation, and nile? thats some of the fastest shit i've heard, ever! I can only hope to be able to play that fast one day. I voted for portnoy, i think he's good, plus he's one of the few i've heard of from the list. Peart is good too, just dont like the style. As with lombardo, good drummer.

Originally posted by DisTortorous
Peart is good too, just dont like the style.
Neil Peart is probably one of the best drum choregraphers in the business -- no matter what style he plays. Simon Philips is another.

For fast stuff locally... see Matt Skitz (ex-Damaged), or Graham "Automator" Goode (Infernal Method).

But if you want to check out Bobby Rock, he did an album (actually a couple) with Australian guitarist Brett Garsed (from john farhnam). The album is called Out Of Body.

Its sort of jazz but it just absolutely rocks.

Let me know if you want me to send you and mp3 of some of the songs. (to get a taste of course)

Eric Carr gets my vote, with honourable mentions to Messrs Burr and Peart.

Please note my restraint from any violent outbursts at the absence of John Bonham, Cozy Powell and Ginger Baker from this poll. Anger leads to the dark side :).

W

I voted for Ian Paice(or drummer from DP as you called him!).His solo on Made in Japan is still my all time favourite drum solo.
Also,i would have voted Jon Bonham second(Wrathchild beat me in wondering why his name was left of the list)

Originally posted by Blitzkrieg
Spawny: Where can we all get a hold of some of your work? :D

Spiffy has inspired me to work on something VERY special for the MD board, more news as it comes to hand :D

In other news, the MD board was today pronounced COMPLETELY wrong when they didnt agree that Dave Lombardo was the best drummer ever :)