Best Drummer

No one seemed to mention one of the most versatile drummers walking the planet- Sean Reinert. For shame, people. For shame.

Wil Calhoun (Ex- Living Colour) is a jazz drummer now. Best hands I've heard.

Originally posted by FlatteningOfEmotions
Flo Mournier (Cryptopsy)
Richard Christy (Death, Iced Earth, Burning Inside, etc.)
Gene Hoglan (too many bands)
"the drummer" (The Berzerker)
Trym (Emperor/Zyklon)
Brian Harvey (Pig Destroyer)

Hell yeah. These guy's are truly amazing. About Joey from Slipknot. When I saw them he fucking melted the kit. Not at all out of time or sloppy.

Joey's not bad for what he does. He's just not up to the leval that most of the DM, BM, etc. drummers are on. And lots of people hate him cuz of his band. (not accusing anyone here)

I'm not a drummer but here goes:

virgil donati (planet x)
sean reinert (death,cynic,aghora) the best in my opinion
gene hoglan-i won't even try
danny carey (tool)
Nick Barker (cradle of filth,dimmu borgir)
that guy from meshuggah
mike portnoy (dream theater,transatlantic,liquid tension)
neil peart (rush)
carter beauford (dave matthews band)
henry ranta (soilwork)
dennis chambers (niacin?)
richard christy (death,iced earth,burning inside)
trym (emperor,zyklon)

Originally posted by Nocturnal Emperor
how does everyone feel about children of bodoms drummer
Personally, I like him alot. At first, I didn't. I thought he kinda sucked. But then I listened and he isn't sloppy, in pretty creative, and kinda fast. He's got a style diffenent from the bands I was used to. But I've grown to like it!

I've got a question about neil peart. Why does everyone like him so much? I've listened to some of his stuff, even a drum solo, and wasn't impressed in the least.:confused: Did I miss something?

I like:

Trym- for his crazy fills
Martin lopez- his great amounts of funk
The drummer of the Berserker- unrivalled speed
Flo Mournier- technicallity

It's impossible to say who is best because there is so many different drummers that can't be compared..

But here are my fave drummers.. in no order..

Flo Mounier (Cryptopsy)
John Longstreth (Origin)
Derek Roddy (Hate Eternal, Internecine, Nile, Malevolent Creation, Aurora Borealis and so on)
Tony Laureano (Nile, Internecine)
Pete Sandoval (Morbid Angel)
Inferno (Behemoth)

And many many many more..

My fave has to be Sean reinert. He played on the Human album by Death and on Cynic and another project called Gordian Knot. He's the fauckin' man, from the fastest death style thru to really moving jazzy stuff in 'Knot. I rate him far above Portnoy, although Portnoy is very good, (I agree that he can be slightly mechanical, but if you're playing that perfectly you're never gonna quite sound human) but the originality of Reinert is amazing (and I'm not even gonna talking about his hi-hat work!)

Then I make it a dead heat between Hoglan, Christy, and Portnoy.

I noticed that most of the drummers mentioned have been death metal, but have any of you guys heard any Dennis Chambers? His Latin American rythms are a total mindfuck!