Best Melodic Death Metal Bands?

Belgar said:
OK, we must have a different conception of melodic. Marduk's slower songs sound nowhere near melodic, they are raw, in your face blasphemy the way Marduk's music has been played for the last 10 years.
In my opinion, melodic, is e.a Dark Tranquility's "Punish my Heaven" that to me sound melodic. Just my 2cents. I don't really consider AA melodic, the thread is about melodic death metal, Marduk being BM didn't fit in the category to begin with.

I do think of AA as melodic, but I agree 100% that they shouldn't be put in the Gothenburg scene.

Oh and also, it IS spellt favorite hehe

I've been listening to Sons of Northern Darkness by Immortal - f*ckin' amazing. This sounds more DM than BM to me. If you like Amon Amarth you must get this.

later era Carcass
later era Death
Amon Amarth
In Flames
At the Gates
Soilwork
Opeth
Dark Tranquility
Anata
God Dethroned
Vehemence
Dissection
Arch Enemy , etc...

1. in flames
2. children of bodom
3. dark tranquillity
4. soilwork (without figure number five)
5. norther
6. arch enemy

LMFAO that's the stooopiest (noticed it's spelled wrong?) shit I have ever heard u Aussie fascist, THERE ARE OTHER COUNTRIES OUT THERE and they may spell things differently you damn ignoranus. And what the fuck do you know about spelling anyway, I recall chats where you had a total caveman language involving words such as HALIRIOUS hahaah

Somberlain said:
You should enjoy all these bands..Melodic death and black metal

Dissection
Sacramentum
Ophthalamia
Swordmaster
Unanimated(highly reccomended for fans of melodic death)
Vinterland

bowdown.gif
Dissection
headbob.gif

Thanks for your support Eternal_Decadent & PaganBlood -if ya want come visit the Vehemence Ultimate Metal Message board and converse with some of the members in the band, and other fans. Help this UM board grow. I think WITHOUT GRIEF, ILL DISPOSED, SYMBYOSIS, ARE the top notch of melodic. that started it's extremes.

Don`t know what genre it is, but if it is about Melodic sound with growls then i have to mention Suidakra. I have Empires of Avalon and i have to say that it kicks ass.

Dissection
In Flames
Embraced***
Soilwork
Dark Tranquility
Illdisposed***they Started A Revolution From Denmark!
A Canarous Quintet
Vehemence
Arch Enemy
Without Grief
Hypocrisy
Opeth
Sentenced
Julie Laughs No More**
Children Of Bodom
Old Amorphis

christcrusher, i guess your definition of melodic is far from matching mine or how melodic is defined in an english dictionary. I bought Illdisposed back in 93 and seriously where do you see any ounce of melodic in their music? same with vehemence, they played with AA and besides asking for chicks and pot i did not see much of anything melodic in their music. As for Illdisposed, their album:"4 depressive seasons" could not be categorized melodic, most bands back in 92-93 had somewhat of the same slow, heavy sounds,... guess death, obituary and early morbid angel are melodic too then? their Submit" album is pure death metal (their last albums have seen a different structure in song writing). As for Opeth? they don't even fall in the death metal category. as far as i am concerned there is no such thing as melodic death metal, death metal wasn't meant to be melodic. (yeah maybe a riff or too, but that is called a transition in song writing). Funny thing is that many bands when asked what category they fall into, they will just answer you that they play whatever they like and don't care about being categorized, so what's up with the whole melodic-death metal? Just my opinion.