Best Metal Drummers

Drummer_Exy1um

New Metal Member
Mar 13, 2011
What is everyone's favorite drummers of metal? Also, check out my selections.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favourites are Ole Öhman and Veikko Jumisko. I don't really care who is the fastest or anything, some drummers just sounds good to me.

yea speed is a ridiculous index of good drummers. i used to be a hellhammer worshiper, still am to a degree, but i think Van Williams from nevermore is my favorite. I was just listening to TGE and thinking how fucking awesome and under rated he is. very creative. he's a true power house.

others: ray herrera back in the early FF days was great, believe it or not, lars's playing on MOP is solid...the songs are just fun to listen to, especially Disposable Heroes (cool fills), Fotis, Jarmo Pikka

Ingo Schwichtenberg, Martin Lopez, Frost, Tomas Haake (and I'm not a big fan of Meshuggah), also Negru (though sloppy at times, has some really interesting drumming) Protector from Summoning and John Bonham.

Martin Lopez - Sorry,,, Opeth is my favorite band.

Inferno - I like Behemoth only because Infernos' drumming makes me want to go ape shit and break something.

Vinnie Paul - Nobody likes Pantera here?

Last but not least,

Tomas Haake... This guy must be an alien octopus or something. Makes me want to puke just thinking about playing his shit.o_O

The best drummers imo in no specific order:

- Tomas Haake (Meshuggah)
- Max Kolesne (Krisiun)
- Dave Lombardo (fucking Slayer)
- Emil Dragutinovic (Marduk, Nominon, Devian)
- Gene Hoglan (Death, Forbidden, Testament...)
- Vitek (RIP) - (Decapitated, Dies Irae)
- Romain Goulon (Necrophagist)
- Tom Hunting (Exodus)
- Paul Bostaph (Testament)
- Phil "Animal" Taylor (Motorhead)