Best of 2006 so far

Havent really bought many new albums this year, mostly old ones but:

Rx Bandits - ... And the Battle Begun ( I dont know why anyone here doesnt give this band a chance)

Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - THe Hidden Land
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain

Drudkh - Blood in our wells
Into Eternity - The Scattering Of Ashes
Cult Of luna - Somewhere along the highway
The Butterfly Effect - IMAGO
Negurã Bunget - Om
Tool - 10,000 Days
Mastodon - Blood mountain
Enslaved - Ruun
Wolverine - Still
Devin Townsend band - Synchestra

Thats it so far, i think ive still got some other albums to listen to from this year.

i loved it. at first i thought the vocals were way to samey throughout the entire album but i think they really work with the music.

If you listen to the vox on Begins Here, you will be blown away at how good Clint really is. There's a part in one of his songs where he goes really high, and almost sings in falsetto (though i have heard it being describes sings like an angel many times). The vocals aren't as great on the new album. In fact, Begins Here is way better than Imago will ever be, the guitars in that album are also pathetic imo. BUT other than that, i felt it was a good progression from Begins Here.

1. Novembre - Materia
2. Dream Theater - Score
3. Amorphis - Eclipse
4. Bunbury & Vegas - El tiempo de las cerezas.
5. Stone Sour - Come whay ever may
6. Agalloch - Ashes against the grain
7. Deicide - The stench of redemption
8. Green Carnation - Acoustic Verses
9. Lamb Of God - Sacrament
10. Pear Jam - Pearl Jam

1. The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra
2. The Gathering - Home
3. Strapping Young Lad - The New Black
4. Katatonia - The Great Cold Distance
5. Raunchy - Death Pop Romance
6. The Provenance - Red Flags
7. Moonspell - Memorial
8. Mastodon - Blood Mountain

The Mars Volta - Amputechture
The Devin Townsend Band - Synchestra
Strapping Young Lad - The New Black
Mastodon - Blood Mountain
Isis - In the Absence of Truth
Runic - Liar Flags
Thom Yorke - The Eraser

No particular order. Just stuff I really liked from this year.

Anyone else a bit disappointed by Solitude Aeternus? It's a ripping slab of metal, but it's basically more of the same. I don't think i'll listen to it much simply because I have their first two albums

Synchestra was great, the new Novembre is by far the best I've heard though. I was initially disappointed by it, but as time has gone on I realize it's probably their second-best album and it really has some great songs on it. I hardly listen to anything else that came out this year at all, though I've given the new Deftones a few listens and must say it pretty much rules. The new Isis, Agalloch and Mastodon are good but I haven't felt like listening to them like, ever, and find myself going back to their older albums if I want to listen to them. Then Pain of Salvation's "Scarsick" is by far the biggest disappointment of the year. And did that last Katatonia album come out this year? I was really let down by that too even though most people liked it, it seemed like a lame version of Viva Emptiness. Novembre's effort really destroyed it while treading some of the same territory, and was even on the same label...too bad the katatonia album still got way more attention and praise.

Best I bought:
Katatonia - TGCD
Ihsahn - Adversary
Wolves in the Throne Room - Diadem of 12 Stars

Almost, but not quite:
Hammers of Misfortune - Locust Years
Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion
Iron Maiden - AMOLAD