Best of 2006 so far

This thread needs to be deleted.... it's a train wreck and symbolizes much of what's wrong with this forum. I assume if you're capable of logging on to the Internet and finding this forum, you are equally capable of locating the forum guidelines. If you refuse or are incapable of acting in a civil manner you are not welcome here and most here know I quite enjoy showing morons the door. I'm also quite confident this will be ignored and i will go on another banning fest... but we'll see. This is the one time I would love to be proven wrong.

nothing not yet mentioned :/

volta - amputechture
enslaved - ruun
dolorian - voidwards
cult of luna - somewhere along the highway
drudkh - blood in our wells

in that order.

look, 10kd isnt a completely worthless album and it's probably the best "mainstream" album thats gonna come out this year (unless you consider tmv mainstream). it's just not that good compared to older tool + other albums that have been released this year. the guys from enslaved liking it doesnt have any effect on my opinion on the album. good interview btw

Best is still Ruun for me atm.
And yeah 10k days did let me down (I didn't buy I just downloaded luckily). I like lateralus and love aenima but 10k days is just a bit boring and uninspired as far as I'm concerned. Besides I don't think Tool is a band that you need to own more than 2 albums from.

saut said:
look, 10kd isnt a completely worthless album and it's probably the best "mainstream" album thats gonna come out this year (unless you consider tmv mainstream). it's just not that good compared to older tool + other albums that have been released this year. the guys from enslaved liking it doesnt have any effect on my opinion on the album. good interview btw
Why is it so freakin' hard to say: "I don't like Tool very much and their new album isn't really my thing"?

I am BloodSword, formerly known as Ironbeard. Should I get involved in this trainwreck?? My sword is soaked in my enemies blood. I have never killed a man, but I read the obituaries with great satsfaction. Not very mature, Huh? but, I admit I am a retarded monkey. Whenever I get on THIS forum. Anyway, SadGuru I must agree; Drudkh, WITTR and Enslaved are up in the top so far. I will wait, and when the yr is over I will compile a list. And be assured,if you don't agree I will hit you so hard with my Viking hammer, your stomach will fall out of your ass. HAHAHA AARGH,AARGH..............

BloodSword said:
I am BloodSword, formerly known as Ironbeard. Should I get involved in this trainwreck?? My sword is soaked in my enemies blood. I have never killed a man, but I read the obituaries with great satsfaction. Not very mature, Huh? but, I admit I am a retarded monkey. Whenever I get on THIS forum. Anyway, SadGuru I must agree; Drudkh, WITTR and Enslaved are up in the top so far. I will wait, and when the yr is over I will compile a list. And be assured,if you don't agree I will hit you so hard with my Viking hammer, your stomach will fall out of your ass. HAHAHA AARGH,AARGH..............
hehehe

listening to scott walker - the drift right now and so far its definitly making a case to be one of my favorites of the year

To be perfectly honest, I haven't enjoyed any album from this year more than I've enjoyed 'Eyes Open' by Snow Patrol. And I think it's been an alright year for albums. So, stop slinging shit at each other constantly, and flame me, if it'll help this thread recover from the ridiculous wreck it's become. I doubt very much there's anyone else here who even likes that album, so at LEAST focus on something that isn't an argument about whether or not Tool suck :erk:.

Other records I have liked from this year that I can bring to mind:

Katatonia
Tool
David Gilmour
Enslaved
Scott Walker (which I bought my mother for her birthday, and ended up liking more than she does)
Hope Of The States
Muse
Thom Yorke
(I'm sure I've forgotten a good deal of albums... some of which are probably better than some on this list)

Shockingly, I haven't got the new Mars Volta yet. I love the Mars Volta, so I'm pretty ashamed of that.

Sadguru said:
Pretty efficient ego-weapon IMO.

what? this album pwns except for the peepee trouser line and the donald duck guest vocals