• Necromantia/Varathron: Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ulver: Bergtatt

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dark Medieval Times should have been in the poll too btw. :>

I'd go along with Carpathian Wolves being in there but I couldn't imagine DMT getting any votes with that competition.

I'm surprised Transilvanian Hunger has so few votes so far. Perhaps others are like me: it's an album that I hugely respect, but would never rate it among my favourites because I have to be in a highly specific mood to appreciate it.

Voted for Hvis Lyset Tar Oss over In the Nightside Eclipse only because I think the former is clearly Burzum's best whereas you could always listen to Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk with Emperor and it'd be about as good..

Tough choice for sure. Bergtatt was up there too. I think Transilvian Hunger is way overrated and would rather listen to A Blaze in the Northern Sky or Under a Funeral Moon though.

also missing is stuff like non serviam, carpathian wolves, all the witches dance, ceremony of opposites, nidr ok nordr liggr helvegr.

ultima thulee is 95. better than almost everything on this list though.

bergtatt is decent but unremarkable and certainly doesn't belong among this list of classics. same goes for the bethlehem imo. i'm not too fond of the emperor or enslaved either but they inarguably have classic status so i don't dispute their inclusion.

Way to not include Dimmu Borgir's debut. :cry:

Anyway, I've only heard the Emperor, Darkthrone and Mayhem, but out of those I'd pick Emperor.

bergtatt is decent but unremarkable and certainly doesn't belong among this list of classics. same goes for the bethlehem imo. i'm not too fond of the emperor or enslaved either but they inarguably have classic status so i don't dispute their inclusion.

Well the fact that Bergtatt is ranking 4th so far dictates otherwise.

It's my top BM album ever, because it combines, at times, the coldness of Transilvanian Hunger, the epicness of ITNE, the hynotic folkiness of Vikingligr Veldi and the beauty of Hvis Lyset Tar Oss into this beautifully flowing journey. I can listen to it in any mood and get something out of it.

That's a fucking tough one.I voted for Burzum "Hvis Lyset" cos'I still listen to it quite alot these days but the Emperor, Mayhem, Ulver & Gogoroth albums still get me hard.
Sorry to be picky but wasn't Bergtatt released in 95?

Actually that's an interesting point, I hope I haven't fucked up. It's in Metal Archives as 1995 but according to Wikipedia was recorded and released in 1994. I always thought it was a 1994 release. My copy of the album in in Australia and I'm in France, can anyone confirm one way or another?

Actually that's an interesting point, I hope I haven't fucked up. It's in Metal Archives as 1995 but according to Wikipedia was recorded and released in 1994. I always thought it was a 1994 release. My copy of the album in in Australia and I'm in France, can anyone confirm one way or another?

Allmusic.com and Rateyourmusic.com list it as 1994 and they've always been reliable sites as far as I've seen. I have an actual CD copy but I can't find the year listed anywhere.

1. Nightside
2. Bergtatt
3. De Mysteriis
4. Hvis Lyset
5. Dark Metal

fuck, all these albums are great...

I voted for Vikingligr Veldi, mostly because I'm a bigger fan of Enslaved than the others there.

But besides that, I'd go with De Mysteriis, Nightside, and Carpathian Wolves if it was there :D