Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Necromantia/Varathron: Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ulver: Bergtatt

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well, for you people baffled at how Emperor is winning, you do have to realize that there's only one choice up there for those that enjoy that style of music, whereas there's a lot of competition for standard old school black metal. If this was a poll between Burzum/Mayhem/Darkthrone style and symphonic black metal it's quite obvious the former would win by a landslide, so stop calling shit gay and start being pompous cuz you won the poll or w/e.

Shit is gay.

"All of the other black metal bands
Used to laugh and call them names (like 'Queer' and 'gay shit!')
They never let poor Emperor
Join in any black metal games (like church burnings)!"

Seriously though, why does this matter?

Especially since "everyone" outside of Norway made fun of the entire scene it's a weird point. I'm with Leif Edling on this one.

I had to vote for In The Nightside Eclipse. I like all the others but Nightside has been my favourite for longer than ive known about the others. You left out satyricon's The Shadowthrone and dimmu borgir's For All Tid. I would of thought those would definately be on the poll. I wouldnt have voted for them but they still should be there.

I think the bigger crime in this poll is Ulver getting more votes than Darkthrone.

so what? i prefer Ulver to Darkthrone in 9 of 10 cases

This is pretty much my feeling. I don't really like where Emperor was going with that album (or went afterwards) but it's hard to argue that ITNE is bad because it was executed well and was influential. That said I just can't believe people are choosing it over HLTO or DMDS which are masterpieces.

Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is the best black metal album ever, so yeah.

ITNE is a masterpiece aswell. HLTO is a great album, but it has a huge flaw which is 'Tomhet'

"Tomhet" is actually my second favorite song on the album. I see it as the perfect track that allows for reflection on life as a whole, not just the three tracks it follows. It's my runner up for the song that will be played on my deathbed, followed by "A Portal to Nowhere" by The Chasm.

sacramentum 'cries from a restless soul' is DEFINITELY my deathbed song. well, in metal. mad river's 'eastern light'--->'wind chimes' would win overall.

mad river are so fucked up and specific to my tastes that i'm actually pretty wary of recommending them to anyone. even i didn't like them on first listen.

you need to check out captain beyond as well!

I don't consider melodeath/Gothenburg to be good.

Iron Maiden put out (at least) seven awesome albums.

I just listened to Ceremony of Opposites this afternoon. I can't say I understand why anyone would go crazy over that. It's very well performed, but the songwriting is really bland.

That is where we disagree then. I like Aces High, The Trooper, Children of the Damned, and Hallowed Be Thy Name, but other than that, I won't be swayed by those washed-up melody-merchants.

Prowler
Sanctuary
Running Free
Phantom of the Opera
Wrathchild
Killers
Purgatory
The Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
2 Minutes to Midnight
The Clairvoyant
Be Quick or Be Dead
Lord of the Flies
Paschendale

Not to mention plenty of other songs that aren't classics but are still good.

You clearly don't know the first fucking thing about Maiden.

I voted for Transilvanian Hunger.

I get pretty tired now of hearing the first song off Hvis Lyset Tar Oss. That song is way too long and repetitive...in a bad way I think. The third track is probably the best on that album.