Best of each genre

priest and guardian will probably stick on my list forever, but the other genres will defintely see new bands

heavy-judas priest
power-blind guardian
doom-pentagram
death-atheist
black-nothing, yet
thrash-kreator
viking/folk-ensiferum

Heavy: Iron Maiden
Power: Rhapsody, Nightwish
Black: Drudkh, Bathory
Doom: Skepticism, Monolithe
Death: Bloodbath
Thrash: Metallica, Megadeth
Prog: Opeth

Heavy - Iron Maiden
Power - er?
Black - Negura Bunget, Mayhem, Lunaris
Doom - Mournal Congregation, Swallow the Sun
Death - Death, Athiest, Anata, Cynic
Trash - Destruction
Prog - Zero Hour, Isis, Pelican

DeathsSweetEmbrace said:
I said it was dull. I was making no complaints about people being juvenile and stupid, which I flat out admitted to being guilty of in said thread. If you don't like my jokes, I won't fault you on that (because a great deal of my jokes suck ass), but to hate someone for making a wise crack? Fucking chill out...

Well, you know what I meant, it was just a blatant hypocrisy that I didn't really appreciate...I know it was a joke but seriously. I obviously don't HATE you...I can't hate someone I don't know. But that did bother me, so whatever.

Black - Emperor
Death - Opeth
Doom - Anathema
Heavy - Nevermore/Evergrey
Power - Blind Guardian
Progressive - Pain of Salvation
Trash - Kreator

Heavy-Iron maiden
Thrash-Old metallica, dark angel, old slayer
Power-Lost Horizon, Avian
Death-Bolt Thrower, Morbid angel, Death
Black-V:28, Dimmu borgir, Old Mans Child

I could probably make a better list, but i dont feel like working too much :lol:

Heavy: Maiden
Power: Grave Digger
Doom: Mourning Beloveth
Sludge: I dunno, Scald, if they can be considered as such
Thrash: Sodom
Speed: Satan
Death: Arghoslent
Black: Forgotten Tomb
Folk: Primordial

Blue_Jay said:
Not a big fan of grindcore but I admit I like it more than hardcore and metalcore. To me Grindcore is sloppy.
A lot of grindcore sucks. I recently discovered a pretty good, very old school grind band called Unseen Terror, which features Mick Harris pre-Napalm Death. I think that Repulsion is the best grind I've heard, along with the first two Carcass albums and Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration.