Best of each genre

a lot of gridncore sucks, especially the vocals, but you can find some really, really good stuff laced with constant breakdowns and stuff.

:kickass:

Heavy: Manowar
US Power: Jag Panzer
Euro Power: Stratovarius
Doom: Black Sabbath
Progressive: Fates Warning
Sludge: -
Thrash: Overkill
Death: Nile
Black: -

Heavy: Brocas Helm/Manilla Road/King Diamond
Power: Slough Feg
Doom: Evoken
Sludge: Isis
Thrash: Holy Terror
Speed: early Blind Guardian
Folk: Agalloch
Prog: Pain of Salvation
Death: Stargazer
Black: Belenos
Metalcore: Architects

Heavy: Iron Maiden
Power: Gamma Ray
Doom: Paramaecium
Sludge: huh?
Thrash: Deliverance
Speed: X-Japan
Death: Sadomasc--- no, Flesh for the Beast \m/
Black: Summon
Folk: does Todesbonden count?

sh0kr0k said:
Heavy: Iron Maiden
Power: Gamma Ray
Doom: Paramaecium
Sludge: huh?
Thrash: Deliverance
Speed: X-Japan
Death: Sadomasc--- no, Flesh for the Beast \m/
Black: Summon
Folk: does Todesbonden count?

Killer fucking band, also great to see another PoS fan around here.

Mort Divine said:
Killer fucking band, also great to see another PoS fan around here.

Glad to see some love for my doom metal choice. I was expecting to be burned alive for that one! haha!

Head to the ProgPowerUSA forum, you'll find plenty of PoS fans (and plenty of detractors too! :lol: watch out!)

I just moved from Michigan.. too bad.

sh0kr0k said:
Glad to see some love for my doom metal choice. I was expecting to be burned alive for that one! haha!

Head to the ProgPowerUSA forum, you'll find plenty of PoS fans (and plenty of detractors too! :lol: watch out!)

Yeah, the ProgPower boards are ... not of my liking :lol: and yeah when my friend Freeman posted there he mentioned the "varying opinions" on the band there.

D: People keep moving from Michigan, damned economy.

Mort Divine said:
Yeah, the ProgPower boards are ... not of my liking :lol: and yeah when my friend Freeman posted there he mentioned the "varying opinions" on the band there.

D: People keep moving from Michigan, damned economy.

That's odd, I get along fabulously with about 75% of the people on the PPUSA forum. The other 25% are people I've never met. I don't understand where this bad wrap comes from. Bums me out actually. There's a lot of really good people on that forum and the fest is unparalleled :)

I moved from Michigan because I got a chance to follow a dream, not to run from the economy, though it is in rough shape. I'm rather homesick at the moment. I miss the local metal scene the most. People in MI bitch about the music scene but they don't know how good they have it! :rolleyes:

I guess it just comes down to me having very dissimilar tastes to most people there and little to discuss with them. I find this place, even though I don't get along with alot of people, alot easier to talk in and what not.

Oh, well following a dream is a good reason :) I don't know much about the local metal scene, aside from Repulsion, Saprogenic, Lucifers Hammer, Sauron, and one black metal band whose name I can't remember D:

EDIT: Oh, there is also Still Remains

Heavy: Motorhead
Death: Nile, Cryptopsy, Bolt Thrower
Black: -

I realized that I know so many good black bands but I can't say that any of them is excellent...

sh0kr0k said:

Your av has the words "Myspace Angle" written all over it.

Mike27 said:
a lot of gridncore sucks, especially the vocals, but you can find some really, really good stuff laced with constant breakdowns and stuff.

:kickass:

I disagree. breakdowns = scenecore bullshit

Life Sucks said:
A lot of grindcore sucks. I recently discovered a pretty good, very old school grind band called Unseen Terror, which features Mick Harris pre-Napalm Death. I think that Repulsion is the best grind I've heard, along with the first two Carcass albums and Napalm Death - From Enslavement to Obliteration.

we can agree to disagree. grind is my favorite genre of extreme music.

cookiecutter said:
I think grindcore has a undeserved reputation for being bad. While the closest thing to grindcore I like is goregrind, I think people are too hard on it.
A lot of grindcore is just too simplistic and noisy. Then noisecore bands really suck. Anal Cunt is one of the worst bands I've ever heard.

Reactions: Matt