Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S.V.E.S.T.

• Malign

• Other

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters
Absu has nothing to do with "orthodox" black metal, which is based on specific lyrical themes and musical similarities between bands.

orthodoxbmbands.jpg

In my humble opinion ... Unchecked means I haven't formed an opinion on it, probably cause I haven't even heard of it before.

The fact that you actually took the time to make this stupid picture confirms how much of a moron you really are.

DsO.

Averse Sefira's latest sounds like garbage to me, though I really do like Tetragrammatical Astygmata.

Funeral Mist are bloody excellent. The last album really saw them living up to their true potential it's an absolute monster it's barely left my cd player since it came out

Averse Sefira is overrated in my opinion. They're pretty damn good, but I don't get what is AMAZING about them. I would have to go with Katharsis or Antaeus for their consistency compared to Deathspell Omega, although I still like SMRC better than any record by those two (but not by much).

The only bands on that list that I don't like are Glorior Belli and newer Watain. I also haven't heard the new Funeral Mist yet but of course I like their other material.

I voted for Averse Sefira since it is apparently the only "orthodox" black metal bands that I like/have listened to.
I usually prefer folk/viking/other leaning black metal like Windir or Absu.

Blood Libels is pretty one dimensional and only entertaining on a superficial level, but CYFaWS is genuinely intense and has more to it than I have a feeling most give it credit for.

CYFaWS is the only one I've bothered to hear.

That's probably about as far as you need to go. If you get the Antaeus/Katharsis split don't even bother listening to the Antaeus side, no passion or inspiration in that song at all! The Katharsis song is worth it alone though.

it says on MA that Antaeus have decided to never play live again after their tour with Secrets of the Moon. Anyone know the reason behind this?