• Malign

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.5%

• Total voters

Omni

User
Apr 1, 2008
I definitely disagree with the term itself, but it's probably the most universally recognized way to refer to this type of modern black metal. What band do you think is the best at this style?

My vote definitely goes to Averse Sefira.

Countess.

I'd definitely agree with you if I didn't make it specifically obvious that I was referring exclusively to the modern black metal bands that people generally refer to as "orthodox" black metal.

Averse Sefira, but the best "Orthodox Black Metal" album is Negative Plane's Et In Saecula Saeculorum.

The best is probably The Nightwinds Carried Our Names by Nefandus, though their recent album was atrociously bad and generic.

I'm listening to a song from this for the first time. Wow, why have I never heard these guys before? This is actually really fucking good!

:cool:

The entire albums drum performance is an especially big draw in to me with that album. Though the entire thing is really just good.

I can't pick just one but I'll say my favorites from the poll would have to be Deathspell Omega, Ondskapt, Glorior Belli, S.V.E.S.T. and Katharsis.

:cool:

The entire albums drum performance is an especially big draw in to me with that album. Though the entire thing is really just good.

One of the cooler things/trivial pieces of knowledge about that album was that the organ was on loan from Mike Browning (Nocturnus, etc.). Real church organ.

Averse Sefira is undoubtedly the winner here. I'm not extremely fond of the whole "orthodox" trend, but I have a feeling people will be talking about Averse Sefira's two latest efforts long down the road.

Yeah, I'm not a fan at all of many of the bands in this poll, so I'd have to agree with you.

I voted for Averse Sefira. They've maintained a consistent level of high quality since Battle's Clarion imo. Watain was good on Rabid Death's Curse but I do not care for their other stuff. I really like Urfaust by S.V.E.S.T. Funeral Mist is shit. I hate DsO for the most part; I like a few of their songs. This opinion stands beyond criticism. If any man should attempt to criticize this opinion, he should be thoroughly patronized for his obviously Jewish behavior.

I should check out more Averse Sefira. Nothing I have heard from them impressed me, but what little I've heard has probably been the wrong stuff. Recs?

I'm not voting, but if I were forced to I would go with DSO. Haven't heard about half those bands.