Best Release so far this year...All That Remains

MetalHeadMarc

Dark Lord of the Sith
Sep 7, 2002
Tallahassee, FL
Visit site
Guys, just picked up the new All That remains album. I don't know if you guys have ever listened to em, they are a melodic death metal band from Mass. The former singer from shadows fall is in the band. The album is fucking incredible, go pick it up. Its fucking chop full of riffing, harmonized lead, and shredding solos. ITs fucking metal and it rocks.

Haven't heard it yet. My favorite release of this year so far would be a tie between Decapitated - The Negation, and God Forbid - Gone Forever.

i liked it better than nihility, actually that was my least favorite of their releases, winds of creation was a bit more technical and heavier as well. the negation just seems overall more energetic and the production is thiiiiiick as balls, one of the heaviest sounding albums ive heard in a while. and i too am most eagerly awaiting souls to deny.josh.

Defo 'The Negation'. So much energy in that record. Can't help but headbang, play airguitar and do some air-blast-beating whenever I listen to it! :headbang: Oh, and I'm eagerly awaiting 'Souls To Deny' also.

The best this year has been either Vintersorg or Dragonforce.

I recently got a leaked copy of the new Vehemence but haven't listened yet.

I just got that too, the new Vehemence. It's not that great. Gone are all those melodic parts that made the last album. Most of it, anyway.

...And I'm not looking forward to Souls to Deny. It's going to disappoint.

oneshotendsthiswar said:
i liked it better than nihility, actually that was my least favorite of their releases, winds of creation was a bit more technical and heavier as well. the negation just seems overall more energetic and the production is thiiiiiick as balls, one of the heaviest sounding albums ive heard in a while. and i too am most eagerly awaiting souls to deny.josh.
The Negation was too straightforward IMO......Nihility had lots of little twists and turns that The Negation lacks......also I loved Nihility's production very cold and machine like it fit the music very well, though so does the Negation's production......I just get bored with the Negation quickly for some reason