Best since Blackwater Park?

i'm liking it less and less. There was the initial hype, but it really doesn't hold together the way GR has for me, and certainly not like anything BWP and before.

My ass it can't.

It's not half as good as Damnation, about the same as GR, and better than that piece of shit Deliverance.

There look, I compared them.

Nothing can touch damnation. Its a masterpiece. I tend to agree with you on deliverance, only the heavy tracks carry that album's weight.

All these threads are just makin everyone fight... its so stupid.

Who cares how Watershed or Ghost Reveries is. If you like it than you like it, if you don't than you don't. Its your choice.

Everyone has an opinion, no one should judge them and/or call them stupid or not a true fan for not liking an album. Geez

Who cares how Watershed or Ghost Reveries is. If you like it than you like it, if you don't than you don't. Its your choice.

Everyone has an opinion, no one should judge them and/or call them stupid or not a true fan for not liking an album. Geez

True.

Blackwater Park
Ghost Reveries & Watershed
Deliverance Damnation

I think I'd class them like that. I dunno why but GR and W have the same place in my heath. I may love watershed more thanb Gr though...

I think it will need more listens properly before deciding if it is better than the other albums.Provisionally I do think it is better than Deliverance and Damnation though,not sure if it beats Ghost Reveries yet however and I don't think I'll be ranking it in higher regard than Blackwater Park and Still Life but I shall reserve my judgement until I grab the proper 'feel' of the album if you like.

:) someone with common sense.

This is what I like about Opeth's music. You can ask 9 different fans about their favorite album and it's a good possibility that you will get 9 different answers. How many bands can you say that about? Usually there is a consensus amongst fans about the top 2-3 albums. This just shows the greatness that is Opeth's music.

As far as Watershed goes, I really love it. Can't stop listening to it. My all time favorite album is MA,YH followed by a tie between BWP and Damnation. Watershed, for me, is right up there in 2nd place making it a 3-way tie now. I have such a hard time ranking them and I think that's great. I hope they keep challenging me.

Like I've said before, people, you never know with Opeth. The next album may be the heaviest yet. So heavy, in fact, that it may make Deliverance sound like the New Kids on the Block reach-around ball-lapping reunion album!!:OMG:

If this was a poll i'd put a big fat YES

Problem with GR is when i'm up to the 2nd or 3rd track i'm thinking 'hey this is great stuff i wonder why i didn't rank it so highly before', then by track 5 i'm like 'this is getting boring', by the time track 8 is on i'm totally ' oh ... so that's why i am not a huge fan of this album'. They simply put the worst tracks at the end so you wouldn't notice. And when you listen to Baying it's easy to say "This. This is their best". But when you listen to the whole thing, it's just not.

If this was a poll i'd put a big fat YES

Problem with GR is when i'm up to the 2nd or 3rd track i'm thinking 'hey this is great stuff i wonder why i didn't rank it so highly before', then by track 5 i'm like 'this is getting boring', by the time track 8 is on i'm totally ' oh ... so that's why i am not a huge fan of this album'. They simply put the worst tracks at the end so you wouldn't notice. And when you listen to Baying it's easy to say "This. This is their best". But when you listen to the whole thing, it's just not.

Thats exactly my problem with GR.

Baying is one of my favorite Opeth songs. The rest of the album just isnt as consistent.

I do consider this to be the best effort since Blackwater Park. But of course this is only my opinion. :)

And I'm not a new fan, I've been a fan for over seven years.