• Toxik - World Circus

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Atrophy - Socialized Hate

• Darkness - Defenders of Justice

• Total voters
^it's pretty damn good album.
If you think that album is the best of Metallica's first 4 albums that is sad and if you think that is the best thrash album of 88' thats even sadder... AJFA was the beginning of the end.. I was in High School at that time when it came out and when I heard it I knew what direction they were heading... even told my friends and they said nahhh... guess i was right... to me AJFA is the least thrash album on that list and definetly the least of Metallica's 80's albums...

yeah, it's decent, but easily the worst of Metallica's thrash material.
Seconded. It was the last Metallica album I bought and also the one which got the least spins. Apart from the fact that there were only about three songs I really liked ("Blackened", "One" and "Dyer's Eve"), I disliked the sound which was too "dry" for my taste. And one of the biggest disappointments was the non-audible bass. Having Jason Newsted's clearly audible bass-playing on Flotsam & Jetsam's "Doomsday For The Deceiver" in mind, I had had high expectations in this regard after he had joined Metallica.

As regards this poll, my vote goes to "other", in this case being

Hexenhaus - "A Tribute To Insanity"

Though I also could have picked Anacrusis' "Suffering Hour", Coroner's "Punishment For Decadence" or - another album which has been left out in this poll - Znowhite's "Act Of God". 1988 was definitely one of the best years for thrash metal.

I definitely concur with those who see ajfa as the least and the last of Metallica's thrash. It has some good songs to be sure, but compared to earlier Metallica, and compared to a lot of that list, it loses IMO.

Thank you. RTL just slays it all.