• Atrophy - Socialized Hate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darkness - Defenders of Justice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
History of a Time to Come.
South of Heaven.

Coroner are to wanky/tech for me.

AJFA is Metallica's 4th best album and their last good one but it's still better than most of this list as an album imo - though maybe not as a thrash album since some of its best songs aren't really even thrash (or they're prog thrash, idk). I voted The New Order though.

It is a fucking travesty that AJFA has nine votes. My only assumption is that most people haven't heard a majority of those albums. I've heard all but three on that list.

and State of Euphoria isn't there because Anthrax is gay after Fistful of Metal

I've heard about half the list and I voted for Spectrum of Death.
Metallica is auto winning this thread just like Death wins death metal polls.

there's four here i haven't heard so i'm gonna refrain from voting for now. AJFA inconsistently rules though, some great stuff on there, bloated and messy as it may be. it is neither the strongest nor the weakest on this list, but of course everyone has to either unconditionally love or unconditionally hate metallica albums.

Christ, it's not that bad. It's mainly the production that lets it down for me. Blackened fucking rules.

Well honestly I've been listening to Metal for about 10 years and I never looked to deep in The Thrash Genre. Generally cuz I find every other thrash band besides

Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Testament
Anthrax
Exodus
Overkill
Slayer
Sadus
Suicidal Tendencies

Decent. I like the main thrash bands, all the ones I listed

Sorry, Call me a NOOB...I just don't really care that much Like I used to.

Well honestly I've been listening to Metal for about 10 years and I never looked to deep in The Thrash Genre. Generally cuz I find every other thrash band besides

Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Testament
Anthrax
Exodus
Overkill
Slayer
Sadus
Suicidal Tendencies

Noob.

Well considering Blackened is arguably the best thrash song ever created, I'm going with AJFA. There are a few lame songs on that album, but overall it's amazing. Not only that, but Metallica sounded completely different from all of those other bands, therefore they win.

Christ, it's not that bad. It's mainly the production that lets it down for me. Blackened fucking rules.
I didn't say it was bad but I do think it does not deserve the praise that some give it... as for the production it didn't bother me...

Nope, AJFA just is crème de la crème. More people would probably vote for it if Metallica was more obscure and hip.
Creme de la Creme? Sorry bud, but an album being a platinum seller does not necessarily constitute "great". If so then every Plat album by any artist or band would be considered "great" in terms of quality when really it is just radio friendly and commercial. Creme de La Creme of Metallica albums would definetly be their first 3 and in particular the 2nd and 3rd albums... those 3 albums were done without the radio, MTV and other media outlets in mind and stayed true to their thrash roots and influences... When i started hearing One on top 40 radio during that time i knew it was the beginning of the end and the Black album confirmed that... if you think that is CDLC of Metallica then it seems like you yourself much like Phagist has not heard much thrash...

Metallica
Megadeth
Sepultura
Testament
Anthrax
Exodus
Overkill
Slayer
Sadus
Suicidal Tendencies

Ok your a Thrash Noob in a way.. as for me I been listening to Metal on and off for about 26 years... thrash being one of the genre's that got me into it...

And one of the biggest disappointments was the non-audible bass. Having Jason Newsted's clearly audible bass-playing on Flotsam & Jetsam's "Doomsday For The Deceiver" in mind, I had had high expectations in this regard after he had joined Metallica.
Yah, basically he got paid alot of money for doing nothing... :ill: