Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toxik - World Circus

• Atrophy - Socialized Hate

• Darkness - Defenders of Justice

• Total voters
I wasn't getting angry about the Colts comment because I know you're wrong anyways. They're going to win the Super Bowl and that's that.

Also, RTL as an album is great, no doubt about it. But none of the songs on that album are as good as Blackened. The intensity of that song is almost overwhelming.

Oh hell fuck no, Blackened is light years ahead of Holy Wars in awesomeness. wtf?

Morbid Saint - Lock Up Your Children
Slaughter - Strappado
Toxik - Think This

I can go on but it would be a page long

I wasn't getting angry about the Colts comment because I know you're wrong anyways. They're going to win the Super Bowl and that's that.
Like I said I'm a colts fan as well and root/bet on them every year on poinstpreads... as well as Packers and couple of other teams..

But none of the songs on that album are as good as Blackened. The intensity of that song is almost overwhelming.
Your fuckin kidding right? more intense then Fight Fire with Fire as an example? :tickled:

Oh hell fuck no, Blackened is light years ahead of Holy Wars in awesomeness. wtf?
umm, no

I don't really think AJFA is radio friendly just based on the track lengths alone
Lengths alone, no. On everything else, yes. But anyways you know long songs are usually edited for radio. I believe One was edited as well as Unforgiven...

You don't even like thrash very much, so you really shouldn't be commenting on things like this
:lol:

How the fuck is AJFA more simple than the 3 before it? It has longer more complex songs that are angry and heavy, One single on an album can change ones opinion on an album?

AJFA is Incredible.

Blackened and Holy Wars are pretty even...Both Fantastic songs.

some of you guys are utterly delusional when it comes to metallica. only thing wrong with AJFA is that it's in dire need of some editing, as there's so much superfluous crap and a complete disregard of structure at times. in isolation though a lot of the ideas are as wild as, if not wilder than, anything on master of puppets at the very least. darker, stormier. MOP is a very accessible album, AJFA is less so if only by virtue of being a weirdly produced mess with some really quite savage riffs randomly housed in there. it overextends like fuck, but it is not a fucking sellout album - it's really ambitious. i wonder if some of you have even heard this album.

metallica pre-black album is absolutely jam packed full of great, distinctive ideas, but by AJFA they'd forgotten how to string those ideas together. the latter is fine as a criticism, but i'm sick to death of people denying the former.

and AJFA still isn't the best or the worst on this list.

and death still suck from spiritual healing onwards.

Agreed on Metallica's total lack of structure on AJFA...I've always felt that way. It's like they didn't even know how to fucking write music and that is immensely annoying.