Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toxik - World Circus

• Atrophy - Socialized Hate

• Darkness - Defenders of Justice

• Total voters
I voted for Punishment for Decadence, but it could easily have been Spectrum of Death, Mind Wars, Illusions, or Forbidden Evil. 88 was a good year for thrash.

What were we talking about again?
Catch up old man lol jk

Nowhere near as important as the music itself.
Some would beg to differ... everyone is different... to each his own bud...

Yeah the others were released as singles, and they didn't make the top 100, that was my point.
Point being what? They didn't make top 100 because they sucked and not because they aren't accessible... I don't remember what versions were released back then but if they were not edited for time then that was probably the problem...

Diehards as in metalheads, people who had loved the band for years etc.
Yes years, but pre AJFA or post AJFA. When that album came out, in my school all the non-metal people like jocks etc. got into it... turned off the diehards (pre AJFA) including myself...

Pure speculation. The songs themselves are very similar, if anything Fade to Black sounds a tad 'nicer' or 'more radio friendly' to my ears than One.
Key words: my ears. Everyone else's ears are not yours.

But thrash was at its biggest between 86-88, so still I dunno what you were/are getting at.
I'm lost about what were discussing in terms of this.. refresh my memory...

Oh, of course :lol:
Of course it's true...

being as we both voted for the same album, I'm pretty sure we can agree that AJFA wasn't the best of 88. But it's most definitely a thrash album, and yes this is scientific fact, tested in a laboratory with a large sample size randomized controlled trial and everything.
Yes, AJFA was definetly not the best of 88. And no I don't consider it a thrash album. Just a Crossover album from their past to their future sound with some thrash still incorporated but not purely. jmo.

Scientific fact? ummm no.

Anyways let's agree that we disagree and move on... it's getting to be a boring topic... We agree it's not the best album of 88, so let's leave it at that...

I think the Metallica and Slayer are the only ones I've heard, and I liked the Metallica better.
You should definetly listen to the others on that list as well as others.

Because God forbid that anyone should be allowed to have any sort of in-depth discussion on a DISCUSSION BOARD.
indeed... :)

Dude, I really HATE to go for the obvious on this one because there are a few AWESOME albums on that list, but ...And Justice For All is one of my favorite albums of all time so I have to choose that. Had you left that off it would have been much harder.

Okay, how about a recommendation of two albums out of this selection from the list:

Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Anacrusis - Suffering Hour
Incubus - Serpent Temptation
Sadus - Illusions
Toxik - World Circus
Atrophy - Socialized Hate
Realm - Endless War
Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Darkness - Defenders of Justice

I'm not the least familiar with any of those bands. I'm more interested in the catchier and more diverse albums, of course.

Okay, how about a recommendation of two albums out of this selection from the list:

Vio-lence - Eternal Nightmare
Holy Terror - Mind Wars
Incubus - Serpent Temptation
Sadus - Illusions
Toxik - World Circus
Atrophy - Socialized Hate
Realm - Endless War
Sabbat - History of a Time to Come
Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death
Forbidden - Forbidden Evil
Darkness - Defenders of Justice

I'm not the least familiar with any of those bands. I'm more interested in the catchier and more diverse albums, of course.
Wow, only two? Very tough choice. I'd go with Spectrum of Death and... Mind Wars, I guess.

Anyways let's agree that we disagree and move on... it's getting to be a boring topic... We agree it's not the best album of 88, so let's leave it at that...

I've already moved on. But I will say this; You suck at arguing. You make a whole lot of random remarks, and when they are addressed, you forget what they were. If you're going to respond to these sorts of arguments days/weeks later, you should go back and have a read of what you originally said before you post another 10 quote rant that makes no sense.

Realm - Endless War

Catchier and diverse? Those two. Endless War has a shitload of USPM/NWOBHM influence in it which means a nice variety of straight-up Bay Area-esque thrash, power/thrash ala Flots and Metal Church, and entirely melodic Maiden worship. Basically the second coming of Ride the Lightning in terms of line-straddling.

Anacrusis is weird in their catchiness because they mix nasty proto-death/thrash with bleak sing-a-long segments, but it sticks somehow. I'm going to make the obligatory IT'S FREE TOO statement as well. At least download the songs Present Tense, Butcher's Block, and A World to Gain.