Best three consecutive albums

DravenMist said:
In Flames - Lunar Strain [with Subterranean included] > The Jester Race > Whoracle...- [cue "Let's start playing pure shit" era here] -
Why do people dislike everything after Whoracle so much? I love Colony and really like Clayman... but yeah, Reroute to Remain ain't all that.

For Those was '81 and Flick was '83. :)

I'll take Kill Em All, Ride The Lightning, Justice For All and the Black album over Puppets anyday.

Master Of Puppets is one of the best albums of all time, period. It would be in most metal fans top ten albums, I know it is in my top 3.

Battery - awesome thrashy opener - 9/10
Master Of Puppets - CLASSIC! CLASSIC! CLASSIC! 10/10
The Thing That Should Not Be - excellent plodding heavy rocker 8.5/10
Welcome Home (Sanitarium) - beautifully dark 9.5/10
Disposable Heroes - One of my all time fav songs, awesome anti-war anthem 10/10
Leper Messiah - always underated heavy rocker 9/10
Orion - rocking instrumental, awesome bass lines 8.5/10
Damage Inc. - THRASH ANTHEM! 9.5/10

Average 9.25/10

Not many albums rate that highly on an average of all songs, and I don't think any other Metallica albums would come close. As an album I would rate it 10/10 hands down.

As for other consecutive albums, I forgot to mention Priest. :headbang:

Battery should be 10! :headbang: :)

Im glad someone else rates Disposable Heroes that highly too, I love that song :headbang:

Spiff said:
Why do people dislike everything after Whoracle so much? I love Colony and really like Clayman... but yeah, Reroute to Remain ain't all that.
i like the older stuff better but I do enjoy Colony and Clayman. R2R was utter shit to me.

the older stuff has that acoustic/folky sort of feel to it and it rocks :headbang:

Haupassia said:
i like the older stuff better but I do enjoy Colony and Clayman. R2R was utter shit to me.

the older stuff has that acoustic/folky sort of feel to it and it rocks :headbang:
Yep. Has everyone hear heard Amorphis's's's "Tales of the Thousand Lakes"? Go and listen to it, I'll wait. Awesome album.

Battery - One of my worst '80s Metallica songs. No, actually it is my worst. I hate it... and James' vocals suck.
Master Of Puppets - Never got into this song all that much but its ok. I like some of the riffs but the melodies shit me.
The Thing That Should Not Be - Love this one. Good song, James actually sounds cool on it.
Sanitarium - This song is great. Best track on the album by far.
Disposable Heroes - Good lyrics, bad song. Like with the first 2 tracks, don't like the vocal lines much.
Leper Messiah - This is a pretty good song but needs to be WAY shorter. The riffs are repeated too much.
Orion - Awesome instrumental. The 2nd best track after Sanitarium.
Damage Inc. - I hate this song.

:)

There is the reason I don't like Master of Puppets haha. Also, the thing with songs like Battery/MOP/Disposable Heroes with me just that the vocal lines & melodies and chords and stuff in the song piss me off somehow. I don't know what it is about them, but the vibe & feel they create just isn't for me... can't really explain it.

Spiff said:
Complaining about the melodies in a thrash song is like complaining about the car chases in a western.
THERES NO CAR CHASES IN WESTERNS! SPIFF, YOU IDIOT!

:lol:

I'm not complaining about the lack of melody. I'm complaining about the actual sound of the vocal lines and stuff. I have no problems with James' vocal lines on Ride The Lightning, Kill Em All and Justice. For some reason though his melodies on Master of Puppets just sound shit I think. I dunno I just don't like the FEEL of the album.

If Poison had released that exact same album you would have loved it. Or if James and the boys had put on the make-up ten years earlier then you would have called it the greatest album ever.