Best time-stretching plugin?

Virgil.

¯\(°_o)/¯
Jul 12, 2005
Seattle, WA
Does anyone know of any good (preferably Mac compatible and Free) time-stretching plugins that won't automatically alter the pitch? Something similar to the Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch program, but available as a plugin. Or something similar to the Elastic Audio Plugin in Protools? I'm using Reaper, so I can't use Elastic Audio obviously. :loco:

Any recommendations?

Hold alt and drag the edge of the media item (the icon will change to a hand grabing the item)

Awesome, thanks for the recommendations! I may have to wait on the Waves suggestion until I'm a millionaire and can afford it. ;P

Thanks Brian. I still can't afford $500. I could maybe swing $50 right now, but that's all. lol. I was just looking for a plugin for convenience. I guess I'll just use the Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch program for now and export it as a wav and import it into my daw. Kind of a pain in the ass if I want to tweak the time stretch, but it's free. :D

I think the prosoniq timefactory time stretching sounds the best. Especially across multitrack material. Seems to maintain the phase relationship very well.