Best Tool Album?

its fair to say tool are one of a kind. and i know alot of people hate tool, but personally they have always been rather amazing to me. Really consistent through the back catalogue and up until 10,000 days they had developed from album to album. 10k days jst seemed like lateralus.5 but not as good.

scenes_second_cover.jpg

I'm not a huge tool fan, although I definitely didn't mind Lateralus and Undertow. The thing that really blew me away about them was their live performance. I don't think ANY other band can pull off a live performance like them. It puts you in a transe that doesn't stop until the end of the second encore. Really, no words to describe it.

I'm not a huge Tool fan but I still wouldn't be able to say which release is best. They all have their own unique dynamics that make them all really solid releases.

though 10,000's is not as good as prior releases. 10,000 days the song (and wings) is definitly the best song tool has ever writen.

anyone that says opiate is better then lateralus is trying to be different for the sake of being different. with that albums 4 songs or whatever, no way it would EVER beat out the grand eclipse that is lateralus.

if you like the heavyness. i would go with Aenima first. but lat is a much better and matured album.

Yeah because at 31 years of age I need to be different to some punk kids on the internet...:rolleyes:

I got Opiate on cassette when it first came out and imo(if you don't mind) I think it is the second best release by the band.

Undertow and Ænima are ok, some good songs here and there but I've never found anything really special in them. I can't understand the love that some people have for Ænima, I've always found it to be very inconsistent. I tried to love it, it just didn't click. Although I've always thought Lateralus is fantastic; a lot better than the previous two imo. As for 10,000 days, I like it, but I can see why it wasn't very well received by fans. But Lateralus>>>10,000 days by a fair amount imo.

The first time I ever heard Aenima I thought it was boring drop d powerchord sludge and could barely make it to the end it was so long and tedious. I still am not a big fan although the song 46 & 2 is kind of good. Lateralus and 10,000 days are more interesting but neither comes close to APC's two lps imo.

though 10,000's is not as good as prior releases. 10,000 days the song (and wings) is definitly the best song tool has ever writen.

Quoted for truth. Seeing those two songs performed live was probably the #1 greatest thing I've ever seen live.

Otherwise, Lateralus is probably their best album.

1. Lateralus
2. Undertow (how the fuck can you call yourself a tool fan without this album?)
3. Aenima
4. 10,000 Days
5. Opiate (would be better with more songs, but its still fucking great)