Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalAges

Purveyor of the Unique & Distinct
Staff member
Sep 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
www.ultimatemetal.com
Reading some of the posts here lately I thought it would be a good time to have the bi-annual "stfu" to the trolls/semi-trolls/troublemakers/forum-crappers that have popped up lately. Consider this your first and last warning. Any more junking up the forum you'll simply be banned along with any screen name you return with.

Cheers. :rolleyes:

Thanks for the words Deron.

I've become pretty sick of the crap myself. I've temp-banned and forum-masked more accounts than I can recall in recent weeks. I really have trouble understanding why people, who have absolutely no desire to be here, continue to post!

Mr Samsara said:
Exactly. This place is going to be purged.... one way or the other.

Thanks, Deron.

Can everyone else actaully hear him loading his shotgun?

cobra.jpg

MetalAges said:
Reading some of the posts here lately I thought it would be a good time to have the bi-annual "stfu" to the trolls/semi-trolls/troublemakers/forum-crappers that have popped up lately. Consider this your first and last warning. Any more junking up the forum you'll simply be banned along with any screen name you return with.

spring cleaning :heh: :kickass:

I have decided to reform, from now on I will post nothing but series of polls designed to determine which note that Opeth played is the forum's favorite

Guys face it , it's imposseble to talk Opeth all the time. To talk something about Opeth you must be extremely creative or obsessed , all the time.

So it must be welcomed nicely to talk about other bands , guitars and stuff. But no Celtic Frost :D

I think the people going crazy here just because they can't talk Opeth or swear each other are simply ''Empty''. I know some guys can talk Early 70's music , musical sophistication or guitars. They are havin some nice chat. But not Celtic Frost. :D

Cheers.

MetalAges said:

They'll be back. They always seem to be back.

nice sig opethian. but you're going to have to try harder than that. i have standards. no dicksucking until atleast the third date

This thread and much of this forum is making me bleed from the eyes. Seriously... Here's what's going to happen. Either this forum is going to become all Opeth, all the time ....and Moonlapse and myself will delete everything else that falls outside a strictly defined line and promptly ban all who step over said line... or this forum will be mostly Opeth with some intelligent general music discussion, with Moderator discretion as the final determining factor regarding what will and will not remain, and we both will STILL ban all who continue to act like fools here. The path is being considered by Mike as we speak. I believe (with a couple of exceptions) the current banter within threads here is only going to push Mike to just make things easy.... All Opeth, All the time, No Exceptions. It will not be as interesting outside of the true Opeth discussion, but it will certainly make us Moderators lives easier. Think about it.

it's really annoying here right now, but if it will be all opeth all the time, the forum will not gather much interest anymore and the opeth discussion will also not be very interesting without some of the people who won't be here because they also want to have general music discussion (not that it is really great right now - but with the right warnings, that might be fixed).

Mr Samsara said:
This thread and much of this forum is making me bleed from the eyes. Seriously... Here's what's going to happen. Either this forum is going to become all Opeth, all the time ....and Moonlapse and myself will delete everything else that falls outside a strictly defined line and promptly ban all who step over said line... or this forum will be mostly Opeth with some intelligent general music discussion, with Moderator discretion as the final determining factor regarding what will and will not remain, and we both will STILL ban all who continue to act like fools here. The path is being considered by Mike as we speak. I believe (with a couple of exceptions) the current banter within threads here is only going to push Mike to just make things easy.... All Opeth, All the time, No Exceptions. It will not be as interesting outside of the true Opeth discussion, but it will certainly make us Moderators lives easier. Think about it.

Id like the second, i really would. But that has a tendency not to happen - it takes not long at all for threads to get derailed, by both seasoned posters and n00bs. Good luck with it, because either way you've got a hell of a task ahead of you.

ps. the unofficial www.opethforum.net really is a good place to go for off topic chat. And that's not trying to detract from this forum, because i do see the two as very different.

Yes and I'd wish that more people who don't want to be here would actually go to www.opethforum.net

As Mr Samsara said, we got all our stuff together and ran it by the Opeth crew to see how they'd like the idea of a wider music chatting community on here. We're still waiting on Mike to okay it, if he's so inclined.

Btw, 2 people banned from this thread alone. It's really simple. Those who add nothing of worth to this forum will be removed.

This isn't a SPAM haven. This isn't the unofficial forum, nor is it a compost for an online subculture that thrives purely on personal attacks, some sort of degenerate online vernacular and profuse need to piggy-back off each other's signatures.

One thing I've noticed in recent times is. If I clear a conversation completely off all the off-topic bullshit, the people who lurk tend to come in and... you know what? Make constructive posts!

I was actually afraid that the majority of regular spamsters on here had scared away any semblance of a civil Opeth community... but no, they've just been pushed into the shadows. I wonder though... is the only way that they're going to come back to the forefront, through mass-banning on our part? I really wish there was another way. I certainly didn't sign up here to be an asshole.

Mr Samsara said:

Thats just ur opinion imo

Moonlapse said:
This isn't a SPAM haven. This isn't the unofficial forum, nor is it a compost for an online subculture that thrives purely on personal attacks, some sort of degenerate online vernacular and profuse need to piggy-back off each other's signatures.

Amen to THAT! Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with all the fucktards who seem to think this is some kind of haven where they can back-slap each other for whoever can be the biggest asshole to the people who actually want to talk about music?
Goddamnit, I'm tired of coming here and finding EVERY thread full of 'you suck', 'stfu n00b', 'ur gay cuz u dont like what I do', 'I pwn everyone', 'omg, youre a fucking loser cuz u like Portnoy', 'lets all gang up on Tubbs, even when he isnt here', 'omg, a girl, bone me', 'Mike, talk to me pretty please', 'lets all make pointless, irrelevant homosexual references'... the list goes on and on....

Seriously, people, what are you, like... 10?!?! GROW UP!!!
God, you know, there is some REALLY intelligent discussion here, and it's never allowed to flourish because of a few assholes who can't help themselves being pricks. If you're going to spam, then WE DON'T WANT YOU HERE!!!

:erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk: :erk:

Status
Not open for further replies.