May I have your atention please?

Siren said:
Sorry, but i do.

Call me whatever you want, a homophobic or a closeted fag (;)), but i just don't like being forced to see that kind of stuff, it disgusts me. And it's even more annoying when it's just for the sake of getting in someone's nose. You're taking this whole thing way too seriously.

Well when you're done being a moron think about this: Even if you DO dislike it, do you feel its fair to ban someone who does post a picture not only from this board but from all boards, including the boards that dont have a problem with it at all?

King Chaos said:
What's going through the minds of people who want potentially offensive imagery in their sigs anyway? What does it achieve? A political statement perhaps? On UM? :lol:
i can think of a bunch of pictures i'd like as a sig that some might consider offensive, kc. it's pretty hard to find a way never to offend anybody.

rahvin said:
i can think of a bunch of pictures i'd like as a sig that some might consider offensive, kc. it's pretty hard to find a way never to offend anybody.

But purposefully offend, or continue to display a pic when its known to cause discomfort to fellow users. Then it's pretty ignorant.

We had a similar argument to this at school with posters in our area of the common room. We concluded everyone should be sensitive to everyone elses emotions, and if someone is truly uncomfortable with an image on the wall then the person who put it there should take it down. There isnt a problem anymore. One slipknot poster was defaced and a picture of Nazi's, taken out of context to glorify them, was binned. Everyone is happy now.

Misanthrope said:
Well when you're done being a moron think about this: Even if you DO dislike it, do you feel its fair to ban someone who does post a picture not only from this board but from all boards, including the boards that dont have a problem with it at all?
Perhaps not, but you just asked if anyone on this board had a problem with you posting gay pics, and i replied to that.
Perhaps, it doesn't even matter if it's fair or not, seeing as Deron owns this place and in the end he's the one deciding what's to be done and what not.
Perhaps, it's not fair either for me to have to turn sigs off for the first time in 3 years, just because you decide being a prick.
Perhaps, there wouldn't even be an issue of you or others getting banned if you would just decide to give it a rest.
Perhaps, now YOU could stop being a moron and not insult me for giving my opinion, which YOU asked for in this very same thread. Unless by "give me your honest opinion" you meant "agree with me".

rahvin said:
you're absolutely entitled to be one or the other, really: you're not forced to see signatures at all.
yes, i know, i've already turned sigs off.
but that doesn't mean i'm not entitled to voice my opinion on the issue.

@hyena: i'm sorry, but i never mentioned marriage.. :eek: :( :p

This is out of hand. I really want the Dark Tranquillity forum to stay here on Ultimate Metal and not move. This is a great place and a great exposure for people into metal to give this band more exposure. Because this band moved here, I was exposed to other great bands on UM.

Arch said:
This is out of hand. I really want the Dark Tranquillity forum to stay here on Ultimate Metal and not move. This is a great place and a great exposure for people into metal to give this band more exposure. Because this band moved here, I was exposed to other great bands on UM.

Exposure to what, stupid rednecks? Because that is what the boards could degenerate to. You really need to stop and think that this opinions and debate alone would probably never get DT out of here and, if anything, the preasure it has caused will only prevent DT from leaving the boards by putting preasure on UM.

@kc: certainly if we strip down all potentially offending images from the walls, we'll end up with very mild walls and a very pacified situation. avoiding conflict at any cost is something i'm not particularly fond of, though: it's a form of violence in itself, it's not a matter of old-ladies, tea-time common sense deciding that "we're all just going to get along if we behave nicely and eat our veggies". maybe there's reasons to take off the wall nazi-related pictures, but i don't think i could happily get along with people who would strip the walls of gay-related pictures as well. the comparison would offend me, for starters.

about the dt board leaving here: all rumors better cease. i stand by what i said yesterday: the band will be informed of the events. considering that they are currently not affecting this forum, i find it unlikely that this would lead to some hurried flight from um. i can predict that things might change if users who want to post on the dt board are punished by the administrators of um because of behaviors connected to their posting here that we have no intention of sanctioning. in other words, if we are being overruled.
still, if i know niklas half as well as i hope, he'll share my opinion about this site's stance towards what is being allowed and what is not.

rahvin said:
about the dt board leaving here: all rumors better cease. i stand by what i said yesterday: the band will be informed of the events. considering that they are currently not affecting this forum, i find it unlikely that this would lead to some hurried flight from um.
so when are we moving? do i have to start packing? :p

Miolo said:
so when are we moving? do i have to start packing? :p
take the indigo bikini, you know it's the one i like best. :p

^ this sentence was really gay. possibly even more gay than a picture of two men kissing. the easily offended should probably panic

Then you are not allowed to post outside of sot but you are, which means that you are being directly overruled for your gayness. Ill help you pack :Spin:

EDIT: Before you say anything, Deron never specified that the picture shouldnt be mental.

rahvin said:
@kc: certainly if we strip down all potentially offending images from the walls, we'll end up with very mild walls and a very pacified situation. avoiding conflict at any cost is something i'm not particularly fond of, though: it's a form of violence in itself, it's not a matter of old-ladies, tea-time common sense deciding that "we're all just going to get along if we behave nicely and eat our veggies". maybe there's reasons to take off the wall nazi-related pictures, but i don't think i could happily get along with people who would strip the walls of gay-related pictures as well. the comparison would offend me, for starters.

well I do agree with this to a great extent, but it seems to me the only way to end a dispute like this for the people causing it to just have some consideration. Like wise those who get offended should try and be more pacifist and ignore whatever it is. That has been my stance in all these similar debates. Gotta give a little to recieve a little, and as long as the people with overly conservative views continue to voice their distastes, and the morons who get kicks out of stiring shit up keep posting Homosexual's fondeling each other, this argument isnt going to resolve.
I just want it to end... cos it's all bullshit really. All this argument shows on a whole is that UM is filled with disagreeable brats.

Ok so if im a spic i should not tell anyone because i need to have more consideration for the people who gets offended by who i am because they are racist shitheads? What is this the 20s?

If for no other reason, the dt forum should remain at UM to save Misanthrope's life. His ego will kill him if he perceives he's been able to kill the dt forum or UM as a whole. :tickled: