Death metal or Black metal

• Death metal

Votes: 99 61.9%
  • Black metal

Votes: 62 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like them black more than death, but alot of my favorite bands are hybrids. Dissection, Naglfar, Dawn, Zyklon, Myrkskog (Deathmachine), Sirius (Spectral Transition). The best shit is a band that knows how to blend them and mix it up.

Vyle said:
I like them black more than death, but alot of my favorite bands are hybrids. Dissection, Naglfar, Dawn, Zyklon, Myrkskog (Deathmachine), Sirius (Spectral Transition). The best shit is a band that knows how to blend them and mix it up.

Good point. Though, if i'm going to choose, i'm going with black metal. Death is extremely technical and, well, just great, but black metal just has a feel to it unlike any other genre of music. fucking awesome stuff

I'm not into the brutal stuff (yet), but I think I'll go for death metal. All the crap that goes on in the black metal 'scene' just discourages me somewhat. And I like Gothenburg metal. :)

Reactions: Vegard Pompey
Most definitely Death Metal. Almost all of my favorite bands are death metal. The only black metal groups that I really like a lot are Immortal and Dissection (if they can even be considered black metal). I have albums by Darkthrone, Burzum, Mayhem, Abigor, Ancient, and Emperor as well. They are all pretty good, but I definitely like my death metal bands better.

I prefer black metal but only by a tiny bit, it has a darker more evil sound and is a little more thought-provoking (for me). Not to say I don't love death metal; I just don't like the ridiculously brutal bands like Brodequin or Devourment. I get why others obsess over that stuff, I just prefer my metal darker and a little more thoughtful rather than straight forward aggression. Also I've been listening to it longer, so give me a while and my opinion may change.

Reactions: RedStorm
Earlier in the thread you also posted that you think you preferred black metal. Even though it says when you post "joined in 2002", I never realised until this thread that you'd been here that long!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.